PDA

View Full Version : This isnt a bad beat post....or is it? (no, its not)...yes it is

pooh74
04-07-2005, 11:14 AM
Actually dont have a hand to post, but just wanted to feel that I'm not alone here. Ive gone a bad run for myself the past few days...nothing out of the ordinary or unexpected, but...

Wanted to see if anyone besides myself takes a bad hit early in an SNG by what you feel is a terrible play by another player, and later on in that same game, you do not afford x player the same resect you normally would and end up playing "tiltY" in a heads up hand with x player.

He raised 3bb pf early on and I shot a min reriase with TT (he raised 4 previous hands in a row). Flop comes 234 rainbow...i shoot a pot sized bet in and he calls....5 comes on turn, and i bet scared...he called. River comes T giving me a set, he checked and I checked he showed A90 for the str8. Fine, whatever. I knew I was beat on the turn and bet anyway...im dumb, fine (off chance he called with med pp)

Down to 4, i have second stack, he is first...me and other two are near even though. UTG folds, he is Button and raises to 600 (3xbb). I call with KQ (I would normally fold here). flop comes J high rianbow, no straight draws...he fires out 800 i cold call ( I would normally fold here). I check the blank turn he checks behind...river comes Q and I push...he calls and shows me AA.

NOw like I said, this is not a thinly veiled bad beat post, or maybe I am in denial...but what I wanted to know is whether reads or vengeance clouds your play sometimes? Its not a bad beat IMO bc I would never have played the hand as such...ever! I would never mess with the big stack here but since I had so little repsect for his play from watching him, I felt compelled to mess with him...at the cost of my ITM finish...anyway, this lone play has caused me to decide to take a few days off and I am simply writing this for moral support... and/or to just get ripped a new one for being stupid and wasting your time. If nothing else, its a lesson that no matter what your prior read is, one must balnce what is happening in the present and not lose track of the hand at hand and its consequences....

yuk

p

nWirb
04-07-2005, 02:26 PM
This happens all the time, especially at the lower buy-in sngs.
Atleast he had A9, I've had 100 times worse beats than that so many times.
My advice is turn off pp, play a computer game, watch a movie, take a smoke and a beer, and you'll be fit for fight tomorrow. ^___^

gl /images/graemlins/cool.gif

pooh74
04-07-2005, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This happens all the time, especially at the lower buy-in sngs.
Atleast he had A9, I've had 100 times worse beats than that so many times.
My advice is turn off pp, play a computer game, watch a movie, take a smoke and a beer, and you'll be fit for fight tomorrow. ^___^

gl /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

thx appreciate it...

Dont get me wrong...it wasnt the "bad beat" that made me angry...it was that I superimposed an image of "total retard" over this player which made me think he could never be holding a premium hand...obviously I am aware of this thinking on some level, but it caused me to take my game down myself which I usually pride myself on keeping in check...this game, although not a travesty in any regard, woke me up to the fact that I am really "not there" yet and to take a step back....

"and take a step forward, step back again, now we're doing the cha cha" Val Kilmer, Real Genius 1985