PDA

View Full Version : lost post-flop on the bubble

dfscott
04-07-2005, 09:23 AM
One of those wierd situations where I actually had to play a bubble hand post-flop. I'm now thinking I should've just abandoned this hand when my steal failed and I missed the flop.

I had been very active in this game and my stack had gone up and down a lot. BB was fairly loose and aggressive.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney (20+2), Big Blind is t100 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t1490)
Hero (t1630)
BB (t2740)
UTG (t2140)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t325</font>, BB calls t225.

Flop: (t650) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t325</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises t2415 (All-in)</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t975

1C5
04-07-2005, 09:36 AM
Yeah, I would be in check fold mode with that flop as he showed he obvoisuly has a decent hand to call your raise with.

Raiser
04-07-2005, 09:38 AM
If BB is loose then I don't like the flop bet. I'd rather keep the chips for future folding equity.

Scuba Chuck
04-07-2005, 11:00 AM
Good fold btw.

deacsoft
04-07-2005, 11:03 AM
I check-fold the flop.

Nottom
04-07-2005, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I would be in check fold mode with that flop as he showed he obvoisuly has a decent hand to call your raise with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think you are overestimating the typical Party 20+2 player.

1C5
04-07-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think you are overestimating the typical Party 20+2 player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be... haha

Sam T.
04-07-2005, 03:09 PM
I'll go against the grain on this, and say that your continuation bet here is pretty standard. You're betting t325 to win t650, so it only has to work out 1/2 the time to be EV neutral. And given the PF looseness of the Party crowd, it's going to work out far more than half the time.

BB may also just be f-ing with you on a re-steal. The worse his cards, the more I like his play.

Sam

curtains
04-07-2005, 04:42 PM
I bet the flop, they fold way too often. It's very rare that you should dog it after raising preflop in the low limit sit and gos on partypoker. They fold well over 50% of the time in most cases, and of course with your bet you don't even need them to fold nearly this often.

Also I have a habit where I like to always bet slightly more than I raised preflop, so I'd make it 350 - 400 on the flop, although this isn't necessary. I just feel like it looks weak to make the same exact bet, although it's probably giving my opponents too much credit to think like that.

Also I'd usually raise less preflop (250-300), although this isnt a big deal.

willie
04-07-2005, 04:44 PM
yeah, i definitely don't check fold the flop

my line would be...

raise to 275 preflop, bet 60 percent of the pot or so on the flop, fold to a reraise

you don't leave your children out in the street- he can't call you unless he has a decent hand there, kings, set etc, and when he reraises you're done with it- but you absolutely have to take a stab at it. if you check/fold you could be dropping to QJ or JT or some crap just cause you looked so weak.

The Student
04-07-2005, 05:21 PM
I'm in agreement with curtains here - especially about betting more (even if it's just 50 more chips) than whatever you raised PF). I also think that your PF raise could be a bit smaller, especially if the BB is loose - no need to go more than 3xBB.

the fold here looks good.

ts-

dfscott
04-07-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I bet the flop, they fold way too often. It's very rare that you should dog it after raising preflop in the low limit sit and gos on partypoker. They fold well over 50% of the time in most cases, and of course with your bet you don't even need them to fold nearly this often.

Also I have a habit where I like to always bet slightly more than I raised preflop, so I'd make it 350 - 400 on the flop, although this isn't necessary. I just feel like it looks weak to make the same exact bet, although it's probably giving my opponents too much credit to think like that.

Also I'd usually raise less preflop (250-300), although this isnt a big deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually got into slider trouble here. Sometimes I have a hard time getting the slider where I want it on my laptop. I meant to raise about 275, but with other tables beeping, I just got it close and dashed. If I had, my 325 flop bet probably would've worked out about right.

As it was, I was concerned that I was getting close to all-in land on the flop, and I really wasn't ready to go there on a bluff.