PDA

View Full Version : Liberals and Free Speech (Win prizes for suppressing free speech)

Broken Glass Can
04-07-2005, 09:06 AM
Become a FOXBlocker (http://foxblocker.com/CMS/)

One of our readers called our attention to National Cable & Telecommunications Association's content blocking policy. What this basically says is that the cable company MUST PROVIDE blocking services for ANY channel upon request. Since most cable providers are members of this group, we have decided to change our strategy.

Rather than raising awareness through SALE of our FOXBlocker product, we have decided to take a new, FREE approach to making FOX admit their bias.

Using this website, you can become a FOXBlocker.....someone who has forced the cable company to block FOX News. By sharing this site with your friends and family, you can earn cool FOXBlocker gear.

Here's How
1. Use our web tool to find your cable company's phone number.
2. Call your local cable company and request that they provide a "Trap Filter" for FOX News.
3. Use our web tool to send an e-mail to FOX's advertisers letting them know:
a. You have blocked FOX News.
b. As long as they advertise with FOX News, you won't buy their product.
d. Why you have taken this step.
4.Send an e-mail to your friends letting them know that they too can become a FOXBlocker

Every time one of your friends decides to become a FOXBlocker, you get a point. Every time one of THEIR friends becomes a FOXBlocker, YOU get a point and THEY get a point. When one of THEIR friends friends becomes a FOXBlocker, YOU get a point...etc....etc....you get the point.

The highest scoring FOXBlockers will win cool items such as books, DVDs and posters autographed by some of the most influencial progressive voices in America!

Matty
04-07-2005, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the link.

DVaut1
04-07-2005, 01:29 PM
I missed where there is a violation of free speech. Television owners retain a right to control what's on their television. The manufacturers of “FoxBlocker” have a right to produce such a product. Private companies (in this case, cable service providers) have a right to cater to their customer’s needs/wants/wishes/impulses. The linked website (http://foxblocker.com/CMS/) has a right to link to Fox’s advertisers e-mail addresses, and provided prizes at their discretion; and consumers who choose to go through all these steps also have a right to e-mail their friends and convince them to do the same.

Where's the free speech violation here?

thatpfunk
04-07-2005, 03:02 PM
Gee, how ironic.

Why don't we talk about the peaceful protestors during the RNC who were jailed, held, released, and never charged with anything.

Oh wait, sorry, its Borken Plastic Bottle typing, nevermind, that would never happen.

Voltron87
04-07-2005, 03:08 PM
I fail to see how this is infringing of Fox's 1st Ammendment rights.

Kaz The Original
04-07-2005, 03:52 PM
As it is Fox's freedom to broadcoast ridiculously biased information, it is my freedom to not watch it, and let advertisers know that I will not support a product that is affiliated with Fox.

This seems to be great capitalism at work ; 0

(Although a little silly... I mean, Fox is biased crap, but it's television what do you expect?)

Cyrus
04-08-2005, 03:42 AM
Thanks for the link, Mr President.

Become a FoxBlocker ! (http://foxblocker.com/CMS/)

whiskeytown
04-08-2005, 05:05 AM
After the policies of GWB's image flacks and the censorship at open air rallies and the RNC - this is like shooting fish in a barrel back - or is it throwing rocks at the jackass in the glass house....one of those.

decide you don't wanna listen to monkey boy's spins anymore and NOWit's censorship? - not quite.

I'd put BGC on my ignore list, but I wouldn't want to be accused of censorship...besides, something about mindless fanaticism that just gets my attention /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RB

whiskeytown
04-08-2005, 05:07 AM
this is even better...

now instead of selling a product, they're simply pointing out that a cable company is required to block service of stations to individuals or give them the means to do so -

so that means anyone can do it for free....WOOHOO!

RB