PDA

View Full Version : A Nasty Turn

Festus22
04-07-2005, 05:14 AM
Stars 1/2 6M

UTG is playing just about every hand and is fairly short stacked.
CO is on the loose side but decent.

Hero is UTG+1 with 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG limps, Hero limps, CO raises, button and blinds fold, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop [10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif]. UTG bets, Hero raises, CO 3-bets, UTG calls, Hero caps, all call.

Turn J /images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG bets, Hero calls, CO raises, UTG 3-bets. Hero?

Danenania
04-07-2005, 06:15 AM
I would raise PF. Flop looks good. On the turn with 10 outs you have odds to fill up even if it gets capped behind you. If you don't improve you will probably be able to make a laydown on the river depending how it goes.

Fiddler
04-07-2005, 06:27 AM
You are getting around 15:2 from the pot when it is your turn and even it is getting capped you'll get 18:3 => 6:1. Odds of filling up are around 3.6:1. Nice overlay. I would call.

toss
04-07-2005, 07:12 AM
You have enough outs to call on the turn to boat up. PF I would like to raise this and punish the loose limper.

helpmeout
04-07-2005, 07:19 AM
10 outs you have to call here. Fold on the river if you miss.

Your line preflop is good , raising is clearly bad at low limits because you'd expect a 3-4 way pot which is what you dont want with this kind of hand. Better to limp and encourage everyone to limp.

Festus22
04-07-2005, 06:43 PM
Well, the consensus is certainly to call the turn 3-bet. My big concern was what the CO has at this point. I capped him on a moderately coordinated flop and then he raises a 4-straight board that contains a J, 10 and a 9. Everyone seems to think I'll be good if the board pairs with my bottom set. Is there ANY consideration to being behind a bigger set here? To be honest, the thought was very in play for me during the hand. Bad thinking on my part?

Schneids
04-07-2005, 06:45 PM
CO isn't raising a set on the turn, I would expect to win almost every time when you fill up.