PDA

View Full Version : Standing "beside" someone in line

FishBurger
04-07-2005, 03:24 AM
The other day I was standing in a three person line at Kinko's and some ho came up and stood "beside" me in the line. It made me really apprehensive because I felt like I was going to have to race her to the counter when my turn came. I also made me feel like I needed to get as close as possible to the person in front of me so as to reclaim my rightful place in the line. Bleh.

Why do some people feel the need to stand "beside" another person in line as opposed to behind that person? Is it just to piss me off or do they think they will catch me napping and might have a chance to jump in front of me?

Also, in this particular instance, there was plenty of room behind me and no reason that I could see to stand beside me (other than my animal magnetism).

Ianco15
04-07-2005, 03:36 AM
Yeah. This pisses me off too, but I get pissed off a lot. When people stand beside me in line now, I don't react. Instead of moving forward (which would put me uncomfortably close to the person in front of me), I just stand there. If they try to cut me when it's time to move forward I will tell them it's not their turn.

This is kind of a weird anomoly. Do people think they can get away with cutting in line if they stand next to you first?

Ship__It.

ilya
04-07-2005, 03:58 AM
Throw bows

hmohnphd
04-07-2005, 03:59 AM
Just [censored] her ass.

The Yugoslavian
04-07-2005, 04:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Throw bows

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not just cut straight to the chase and drop her like Sup Bro' dropped suckas for losses back in '95 on his way to being all-county?

Yugoslav

housenuts
04-07-2005, 04:04 AM
we got this late night pizza place downtown that everyone hits up after the bars. the line is usually out the door. when i roll up i push my way through along the side of the wall right to the front of the line. i order my pizza and walk out. no one has ever said [censored]. probably saves me at least 10 minutes

Eurotrash
04-07-2005, 04:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The other day I was standing in a three person line at Kinko's and some ho came up and stood "beside" me in the line. It made me really apprehensive because I felt like I was going to have to race her to the counter when my turn came. I also made me feel like I needed to get as close as possible to the person in front of me so as to reclaim my rightful place in the line. Bleh.

Why do some people feel the need to stand "beside" another person in line as opposed to behind that person? Is it just to piss me off or do they think they will catch me napping and might have a chance to jump in front of me?

Also, in this particular instance, there was plenty of room behind me and no reason that I could see to stand beside me (other than my animal magnetism).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that proper protocol here would be to extend your arms horizontally so as to disallow her from possibly moving past and declare "no cuts"

Piiop
04-07-2005, 04:13 AM
If you're going to say anything at all, you need to say "No D's" or "No D'ing".

Tho if stuff like this is really that big of a problem for some people I think they need to do some re-evaluating.

TBag
04-07-2005, 04:21 AM
Unless they ask you "What do scissors do?" If you fall for it and reply "cut," brother, you're screwed.

Reef
04-07-2005, 04:41 AM
when you get on the flo' nigga

[ QUOTE ]
Throw dem bows

[/ QUOTE ]

JackWilson
04-07-2005, 08:38 AM
Does anyone else remember the news video posted on here where a guy got upset at some bitch for cutting in line, then she runs out, calls her boyfriend and 2 mins later he comes in and seriously fucks up the poor guy?

After seeing that, I'm thinking waiting 2 more mins because someone cut in front of you ain't ENTIRELY a bad thing.

Yeti
04-07-2005, 08:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
we got this late night pizza place downtown that everyone hits up after the bars. the line is usually out the door. when i roll up i push my way through along the side of the wall right to the front of the line. i order my pizza and walk out. no one has ever said [censored]. probably saves me at least 10 minutes

[/ QUOTE ]

You realise everyone in the queue, and everyone who reads this, thinks you're a jerk?

Sporky
04-07-2005, 08:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

congratulations! you're a dick.

BradleyT
04-07-2005, 08:46 AM
Did your butt stink that day?

housenuts
04-07-2005, 09:09 AM
agreed

AlienCorpse
04-07-2005, 09:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else remember the news video posted on here where a guy got upset at some bitch for cutting in line, then she runs out, calls her boyfriend and 2 mins later he comes in and seriously fucks up the poor guy?

After seeing that, I'm thinking waiting 2 more mins because someone cut in front of you ain't ENTIRELY a bad thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

pizza brawl (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pizzaparlorbrawl.html)

Its nice to know if I ever get beat up in a pizza place the other customers have my back, and its funny when the delivery guy comes in and tells the attacker that he dropped his cell phone (that isnt even his) I'm guessing he was confused on what was going on.

Jazza
04-07-2005, 09:25 AM
damn, that dude just got knocked the FUGGOUT!

youtalkfunny
04-07-2005, 04:00 PM
1. I had a guy behind me at the grocery checkout once. He stood one inch away from me. I put my stuff on the conveyor, and walked down to the far end of the belt. I was hoping that would create some distance, but he walked past a conveyor belt covered with my groceries, and stood one inch from me. I looked at him, and he was clueless. I told him, "You must be in a big hurry. My *wife* doesn't stand this close to me." He went ape-doodoo, screaming over and over, "What's your problem, man? What's your problem?", but he was no longer in my personal space, so I ignored him.

2. I'm at the grocery checkout with my 5-year-old daughter. She stands one inch from the guy in front of us in line. I told her, "Back up, sweetie. Always remember: standing really close to the person in front of you, does not make the line move faster."

I guess the guy heard me, because he said to my daughter, pleasantly, "You listen to your Daddy. He's a very smart man."

kyro
04-07-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Unless they ask you "What do scissors do?" If you fall for it and reply "cut," brother, you're screwed.

[/ QUOTE ]

So "stab you in the [censored] heart" would work better?