PDA

View Full Version : Monster hand or bluffing?

10-25-2002, 12:02 PM
When you are staring at a guy, trying to decide whether or not to call a huge bet, and he grins a little bit, do you take that to mean he is buffing or that he has a great hand?

SittingBull
10-25-2002, 06:11 PM
at an approximate conclusion about the strength of your
opponent's hand.
However,if he makes eye contact with U , put him on a weak hand.
If he looks away from U in any other direction,put him on a strong hand.
If U indicate a call my picking up your chips and he looks back at his cards and then bets, put him on a weak hand.
If he doesn't look back at his hand while U are picking up your chips and giving him the impression that U were ready to call his bet,put him on a strong hand.
I grin when I have both a weak hand AND a strong one.
I don't believe a "grin" is a "tell".

H /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif appy pokering , Anon!

Sitting Bull

PokerBabe(aka)
10-25-2002, 11:40 PM
Hi Anon- when they grin at the Babe, it is definitely a tell. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Oh..you mean "poker tell"? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif In my experience vs. people I KNOW, a grin means they have a hand. Also, when the Babe grins at you, it means she has the mortal nuts or she thinks you are cute /forums/images/icons/wink.gif. LGPG, Babe

baggins
10-26-2002, 06:48 AM
im looking forward to the day when i actually make it to Vegas and i hope i get a smile from the Babe. the good kind of smile.

Noo Yawk
10-26-2002, 10:08 AM
The grin means nothing more than a feeling of self satisfaction that he put you on a tough decision. I really wouldn't make a decision based on this type of read.
If you don't know where you stand, base your calls and folds on the pot size and how late or early you are in the hand.

10-26-2002, 03:12 PM
Anyone really forcing a smile on their face usually doesnt have a very big in my experience. That is unless they know what you are looking for and are trying to throw you off track.