PDA

View Full Version : Leaving

ClaytonN
04-07-2005, 02:04 AM
...for 5 weeks. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

No, seriously, my parents have put me on lockdown because they want me to finish strong in HS and get 4's and 5's on the AP crap.

Which means (hooray!) no computer or Halo. Maybe not even TV. Ahhhh!

Plus, I've had my first amazing downswing, and I need to get away from online poker until the summer when I have an actual job and it can be fun again 'till college starts in the fall.

They love me, but they are strict. C'est la vie.

Ciao to you all until May'ish.

pshreck
04-07-2005, 02:05 AM
You should have made this decision on your own, but thank god you have good parents.

InchoateHand
04-07-2005, 02:09 AM
You are still in high school?

Stop gambling illegally, and this explains a lot.

pshreck
04-07-2005, 02:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You are still in high school?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah every time I found out one of these guys is in highschool I get dissapointed. I don't know why.

istewart
04-07-2005, 02:11 AM
-EV.

InchoateHand
04-07-2005, 02:13 AM
Honestly, I get a little disappointed because despite being a "responsible" person in real life, I get a kick out of a bunch of "adults" behaving like jerks in internet forums. When I find out someone is still at an age where that behavior is expected, if still not acceptable, I feel a little bit like a cheap dirty 'ho.

Plus the fact that at least half of the underage gamblers on this site are far superior poker players to me.

Edited to reinspire respek in Eurotrash.

pshreck
04-07-2005, 02:16 AM
Agreed. I think at ages 15-17, you are starting to get strongly molded as to how to properly converse in an adult manner, how to be respectful to peers. Most of us in OOT know that 99% of the crap spewed on here is purely forum talk, but I always think that this place has to be an awful place to 'hang out' for highschoolers, as they are too young / immature to really know the difference. I would never let my 16 year old bro post here. I shudder just thinking how bad it would be for him.

JaBlue
04-07-2005, 02:17 AM
I know a lot of people that begged their college to take back their AP credit because they wanted to not be forced to graduate a semester early and leave all of their peers. Just something to consider

Eurotrash
04-07-2005, 02:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, I get a little dissapointed because despite being a "responsible" person in real life, I get a kick out of a bunch of "adults" behaving like jerks in internet forums. When I find out someone is still at an age where that behavior is expected, if still not acceptable, I feel a little bit like a cheap dirty 'ho.

Plus the fact that at least half of the underage gamblers on this site are far superior poker players to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

i get a little disappointed by that, especially coming on the heels of the "rediculous" thread

you're better than this, inchoatehand.

pshreck
04-07-2005, 02:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I know a lot of people that begged their college to take back their AP credit because they wanted to not be forced to graduate a semester early and leave all of their peers. Just something to consider

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm... if your college is in the business of forcing you to leave early, then just dont be retarded and load up on credits so that you will grad early. Kick it back to 12 creds per semester or something.

InchoateHand
04-07-2005, 02:21 AM
You know, I post about one typo a day here, and I alway here about it.

JaBlue
04-07-2005, 02:23 AM
well, a lot of people rack up a gazillion AP credits and the colleges force them to leave early. Some people I know like this had to struggle with the colleges to get the credit rescinded.

pshreck
04-07-2005, 02:26 AM
I know of people who have come into college with ridiculous numbers, like 58 credits (that would be the highest).

In this case, there is no way you should be a 4 year student. If you are, you damn well be a double degree (not same thing as double major) or start working on graduate courses.

This is not a big generalization though: most strong institutions won't accept that many AP creds, and require scores of 5 on a lot.

Eurotrash
04-07-2005, 02:31 AM
I think it might be because of the way your posting voice sounds.. it comes across as kind of pompous and lofty (your name has "inchoate" in it, for crying out loud) to me, so I expect (and maybe others do) that your spelling and grammar be impeccable to match

nice edit btw, respect is reinstated effective immediately.

Corey
04-07-2005, 02:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
well, a lot of people rack up a gazillion AP credits and the colleges force them to leave early. Some people I know like this had to struggle with the colleges to get the credit rescinded.

[/ QUOTE ]

'Tis true. After switching majors from CS to both econ and poli sci and adding an assload of AP and junior college (while in HS) credits, I was three classes away from reaching the 240 quarter unit threshold when I graduated. I got a letter from the school during my last quarter before the next registration cycle saying I was close and if I needed to take more classes, I would have to discuss my situation with administation. Meanwhile, my slackerass roomate was searching for classes his last year to reach the minimum 180.

FWIW, I also believe they limited you to 7 years from your first class to graduate.