PDA

View Full Version : Bad Beats

Mikey
10-25-2002, 10:27 AM
The Bad Beat Story:

You ever sit there and just want to pick up the cell phone or run over to the rail to tell someone your bad beat story, or just in the middle of a conversation talk to someone and bring up a bad beat story. Honestly I used to be bad with this....it's all that I would talk about.
You know when I found that it was ridiculous, was when I actually heard people telling me their bad stories, I found out ohh my goodness, I really don't care!!! Now I know how these other guys must feel when I tell them a bad story, they don't care. I can tell you any bad beat story I want and honestly even if I can fathom up the best one and tell someone who's actually played the game for a very long time, they wouldn't even care.

I guess you tell a bad beat story for the sympathy part of it. But honestly, no one cares!!! You can post up as many bad beat stories as you want, if you've played the game long enough, they are really boring, pointless, and a large waste of time.

Hopefully by reading this, you'll tone it down a little bit and save your friends some the anguish of listening to your bad beat story.

I would be really bad telling Jeffage my bad beat stories all the time, until he told me one....and I realized that I didn't even care. I thought to myself WOW, now I know how he feels when chew his ear off.

Well just a little something I wanted to post, hope you enjoy it.

Jedi Poker
10-25-2002, 12:14 PM
One of the things I hate is when people knock on my door at 7 a.m. and try to give me religious brochures and comic books. So I tell them my bad beat stories, and they leave. Bad beat stories have also worked well in getting rid of those annoying telemarketers. And they don't even have to be poker related.
At the table, bad beat stories can be a useful psychological weapon. If the person seated next to you just happens to be irritated by bad beat stories, give him more of it till he tilts. Just don't over do it because it might cause him to leave.

thebroker
10-26-2002, 08:40 PM
What I love about bad beat stories is.......... Most of the people who tell them don't realize that a lot of times they misplayed their hand or that the person was actually getting the odds to draw. Oh they also don't realize that I don't give a poop!

10-27-2002, 11:17 AM
There"s a number you can call when u want to tell a bad beat story. The only problem is the line is always busy. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif