PDA

View Full Version : Bachelor parties, Strippers, and Divorce rates

Josh W
04-07-2005, 01:06 AM
A friend of mine and I were debating this earlier today, and I was wondering if anybody out there knew of any facts or, heaven forbid, statistics.

He thinks that marriages where there were strippers (for either side) or prostitutes, or anything like that, involved are less likely to survive. His reasoning is that the people who will have such entertainment at the party are not ready to be married.

Me, I see his point, but don't necessarily agree. Anybody out there feel one way or another?

Thanks,

Josh

fsuplayer
04-07-2005, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He thinks that marriages where there were strippers (for either side) or prostitutes, or anything like that, involved are less likely to survive.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd agree with that. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Josh W
04-07-2005, 01:09 AM
Dammit, I even proofread. Just not well...

Of course, his thought was that marriages where the bachelor(ette) party had strippers etc are less likely to survive.

J

Edge34
04-07-2005, 01:40 AM
I think this is ridiculous.

One final night of semi-single debauchery, getting drunk with the boys and a bunch of hot "dancers"...I just don't see the fatal flaw in that.

I think if you never enjoyed it, you shouldn't have it. But if you enjoy that type of entertainment, and think that getting married means you shouldn't enjoy it anymore, you really should ask the future Mrs. for your testicles back.

gamblore99
04-07-2005, 01:43 AM
Bachelor parties are traditional. its a night of male bonding and celebration. I would definitely see a problem with prostitutes, as that would be cheating. but strippers, are a must.

InchoateHand
04-07-2005, 01:44 AM
I think there are bigger factors.

mason55
04-07-2005, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think there are bigger factors.

[/ QUOTE ]

like if she cares about what goes on at your bachelor party

InchoateHand
04-07-2005, 01:49 AM
That's definitely one of them. Actually, she is allowed to care, but if she asks...you, or anyone else, that is just stupid. Never ask questions you don't want to hear answer to.

Josh W
04-07-2005, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

One final night of semi-single debauchery, getting drunk with the boys and a bunch of hot "dancers"...I just don't see the fatal flaw in that.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, do you think that people who enjoy the above are just as likely to make a marriage work as people who don't enjoy, um, oggling?

I'm beginning to think that there may be a SMALL relationship between the two, but certainly nothing black and white....

Josh

fsuplayer
04-07-2005, 01:56 AM
yeah, my gf says she doesnt wanna hear about it. she said that even if she asks afterthefact, I should refuse to tell her.

i dont plan on hookers, but a bachleor party w/o strippers?

well thats just lame.

fsuplayer
04-07-2005, 01:57 AM
i'll certainly give you the correlation when hookers are involved, but not strippers.

andyfox
04-07-2005, 04:08 AM
I don't think it's the maturity of the person getting married at the time of the marriage that makes for a lasting marriage, but rather the maturity levels after being married for a while, and whether the two people mature at the same pace.

Edge34
04-07-2005, 04:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, do you think that people who enjoy the above are just as likely to make a marriage work as people who don't enjoy, um, oggling?

I'm beginning to think that there may be a SMALL relationship between the two, but certainly nothing black and white....

Josh

[/ QUOTE ]

I do think that those who have strippers at their bachelor parties are just as likely as those that don't. Plenty of people who don't have 'em still [censored] it up, and plenty of people who have 'em really follow through on "til death do us part."

Looking isn't cheating. Keeping it in your pants = home free.

Rick Diesel
04-07-2005, 09:20 AM
I agree with prostitutes, but there is nothing wrong with having strippers there.

jakethebake
04-07-2005, 09:55 AM
Where are bachelor parties w/o strippers or prostitutes? Wtf?

Goodie54
04-07-2005, 01:38 PM
Well, my bachelor party is in two weeks in Montreal and your damn right there will be strippers there. This in no way hinders my abilities to make a marriage work. There's no way that having strippers at a bachelor party affects the longevity of the marriage.

What bachelor party doesn't have strippers anyways? None I've been to.

Prostitution is a completely different arena. That should lead to divorce.

Peace

Goodie

Cleveland Guy
04-07-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A friend of mine and I were debating this earlier today, and I was wondering if anybody out there knew of any facts or, heaven forbid, statistics.

He thinks that marriages where there were strippers (for either side) or prostitutes, or anything like that, involved are less likely to survive. His reasoning is that the people who will have such entertainment at the party are not ready to be married.

Me, I see his point, but don't necessarily agree. Anybody out there feel one way or another?

Thanks,

Josh

[/ QUOTE ]

The bigger correlation is between couples that can't talk about wether or not they are having strippers at the bachelor, or bachelorette party!

turnipmonster
04-07-2005, 01:59 PM
divorce rate is a little bit of a weird stat anyways. I have relatives that essentially hate each other, sleep in different rooms etc but refuse to get divorced for religous reasons.

I mean, catholics have a pretty low divorce rate but isn't that because they don't recognize divorce and essentially get excommunicated?

--turnipmonster

edtost
04-07-2005, 02:02 PM
the catholic church will annull a marriage, but that takes much morre effort than getting a civil divorce.

OtisTheMarsupial
04-07-2005, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
... marriages where there were strippers or prostitutes, or anything like that, involved are less likely to survive.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if the strippers, prostitutes and the like are guests and friends of the couple? Envision a wedding with strippers as bridesmaids, not paid entertainment...