PDA

View Full Version : Adanthar, if you ALWAYS play pot odds....

Scuba Chuck
04-07-2005, 12:12 AM
...then do you always play implied odds?

adanthar
04-07-2005, 12:18 AM
From that other thread, here's when I don't go by pot odds:

[ QUOTE ]
Hands that affect folding equity (this isn't really one of them), hands where folding moves you up a spot ITM (every forum regular should know what those are), hands where you have a great read on someone's play (I don't post those and don't expect any of them to be posted since you can't get much out of them), and hands where calling or folding are very close but (for example) folding leaves you more chips early or calling gives you a better table image.

Otherwise, I go by the math. Math is a good thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that includes implied odds, and I'll frequently make some loose calls early (suited one gappers for 50 chips etc.) when there's a lot of people in.

johnnybeef
04-07-2005, 12:28 AM
one thing that should be noted about implied odds, is that adanthar will be getting better implied odds than you scuba for the most part. do you see why?

1C5
04-07-2005, 09:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
one thing that should be noted about implied odds, is that adanthar will be getting better implied odds than you scuba for the most part. do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

because he plays more hands so he has a looser table image=bigger payoff.

?

Paul2432
04-07-2005, 09:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because he plays more hands so he has a looser table image=bigger payoff.

?

[/ QUOTE ]

Also because he has better post flop skills, so less frequently will have a reverse implied odds situation.

Paul