PDA

View Full Version : Animal Survivor Tourney Round 2

Clarkmeister
04-06-2005, 11:54 PM
Round 1 results:

Lion vs. Rhino
Users may choose only one (343 total votes)
Lion
174 50%

Rhino
169 49%

Elephant vs. Grizzly Bear
Users may choose only one (342 total votes)
Elephant
251 73%

Grizzly Bear
91 26%

Crocodile vs. UFC Champion
Users may choose only one (342 total votes)
Crocodile
179 52%

UFC Champion
163 47%

Tiger vs. Hippo
Users may choose only one (340 total votes)
Tiger
180 52%

Hippo
160 47%

Round 2:

(1) Lion vs. (4) Tiger

(2) Elephant vs. (3) Crocodile

Seedings held true in the first round. Looks like someone seeded it well in spite of his total ignorance. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

pshreck
04-06-2005, 11:57 PM
How could a croc even conceivably hurt a full sized elephant? I predict that being 90/10 elephant.

zagosh
04-06-2005, 11:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How could a croc even conceivably hurt a full sized elephant? I predict that being 100/0 elephant.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fixed your post.

pshreck
04-07-2005, 12:01 AM
Seriously clark, mine as well skip to the finals. These matchups suck.

Lion vs. Elephant will be good though, should make for a good thread. Ill take Elephant on an early pick.

Bukem_
04-07-2005, 12:01 AM
Hippo and/or rhino being out really hurts the rest of the contest.

Elephant wins, and it makes no difference if lion or tiger wins, we already know they stalemate and both are a joke vs an elephant.

InchoateHand
04-07-2005, 12:02 AM
Should be good? Lets see...10,000 pounds vs. 400. Not good. Elephant in a landslide. The early elimination of rhino means that these votes are irrelevant---elephant wins.

Clarkmeister
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously clark, mine as well skip to the finals. These matchups suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't help the elephant one. Lion vs Tiger should be damn close though.

What if the Croc hamstrung the elephant to the ground then bit his trunk off and he bled to death?

Evan
I abstained from voting in the first match up, as the contestants are ridiculous.

Ianco15
04-07-2005, 12:18 AM
How the [censored] did the Lion beat the Rhino?

Evan
04-07-2005, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Pattern mapper.

zagosh
04-07-2005, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your fly's open

fsuplayer
04-07-2005, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Pattern mapper.

[/ QUOTE ]

these animal posts really bring out the best in you, evan.

slavic
04-07-2005, 12:35 AM
Lion vs Tiger is the interesting one.

The tiger outsizes the lion by 100ibs or so, but a male lions mane is quite protective versus the neck bite that either cat needs to take down larger prey. In the end the size has to take it. If it's a female lion it's not even close.

Tiger.

Evan
04-07-2005, 12:42 AM
Thanks dude, I aim to please.

willie
04-07-2005, 12:47 AM
gah this one sucks

both cats should already be dead given the first round.

elephant, elephant elephant. in walk. possibly even if you give him large amounts of booze and heroin.

slavic
04-07-2005, 12:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks dude, I aim to please.

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.lebowskifest.com/images/nybooty.jpg

scrub
04-07-2005, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I abstained from voting in the first match up, as the contestants are ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never [censored] with a tiger...

scrub

Evan
04-07-2005, 12:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, but [censored] with a hippo? Yea, that's real good advice. You're lucky there aren't any hippos in Berkeley, or you'd be screwed.

Blarg
04-07-2005, 01:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Should be good? Lets see...10,000 pounds vs. 400. Not good. Elephant in a landslide. The early elimination of rhino means that these votes are irrelevant---elephant wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Taking the rhino and the hippo out of the competition makes it kind of absurd. People thinking a lion is going to beat a hippo or rhino is a total joke. I've seen a whole pack of lions on a rhino before on a t.v. show, and the most they could do was finally get her baby from her after hours and hours of spinning her around as a pack while taking snaps at the baby rhino. The mother was unharmed.

It seems the consensus in all these threads is mostly "cat beats anything" no matter what size the cat is.

Clarkmeister
04-07-2005, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

It seems the consensus in all these threads is mostly "cat beats anything" no matter what size the cat is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Found this via google:

"Juvenile or full grown elephants are not considered to have any natural predators; however, their young sometimes fall victim to lions. It has even been documented that when water is very scarce (water holes less than 4 inches deep), a pride of lions will attack and kill a full grown elephant."

scrub
04-07-2005, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, but [censored] with a hippo? Yea, that's real good advice. You're lucky there aren't any hippos in Berkeley, or you'd be screwed.

[/ QUOTE ]

The hippo thing was a travesty.

But what's done is done. The lion is toast.

scrub

Evan
04-07-2005, 01:35 AM
Whatever, from here on out I'm voting under protest.

fsuplayer
04-07-2005, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Found this via google:

"Juvenile or full grown elephants are not considered to have any natural predators; however, their young sometimes fall victim to lions. It has even been documented that when water is very scarce (water holes less than 4 inches deep), a pride of lions will attack and kill a full grown elephant."

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but one of them alone doesnt stand a chance.

Blarg
04-07-2005, 01:56 AM
Yeah, a pride can do things a single animal or even a few of them can't, just like with wolf packs.

But they still need fortune in their favor, and still can pay a huge price even if they both kill the elephant and are still alive afterward. A lion with a broken jaw or a lame leg is basically just waiting to die. Worse, their own pack often turns on them and torments them, making the injury even more debilitating.

mmbt0ne
04-07-2005, 02:25 AM
We should let both cats take on the elephant in the finals.

PokerFink
04-07-2005, 05:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Seedings held true in the first round. Looks like someone seeded it well in spite of his total ignorance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but they were not very accurate.

1. Elephant
2. Rhino...... these two are way ahead

3. Lion
4. Tiger...... close match

5. Hippo
6. Croc
7. Grizzly..... next group

8. UFC Champion (seriously... what animal is a human going to kill with his bare hands)

Not sure if the croc could beat the cats, I don't think so, but that is the only potential upset I can see.

According to the discovery channel challenge thing that someone linked to in the original post, the elephant pretty much destroys this entire list without much trouble, with the possible exception of the rhino (it woulden't say).

FWIW, my mother used to work as a volunteer tour guide at the Philly zoo. She said the zoo workers feared the elephants more than any other animal, and it wasn't close.

Blarg
04-07-2005, 05:26 AM
Elephants are smart, too, which makes them even scarier.

Evan
04-07-2005, 09:15 AM
Who were the 3 idiots that voted for the croc?

Shajen
04-07-2005, 09:20 AM
write in votes:

Hippo

Rhino

There, all better.

Seriously.

A frigging cat over two giant bad asses? People are stupid.

(Of course, the same could be said for me. Why do I care about this travesty so much?)

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

mostsmooth
04-07-2005, 09:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How could a croc even conceivably hurt a full sized elephant? I predict that being 90/10 elephant.

[/ QUOTE ]
the same way the lion beat the rhino i guess. this tourney is bogus

tolbiny
04-07-2005, 09:46 AM
can a croc even reach an elephants hamstring?

jakethebake
04-07-2005, 10:01 AM
If the elephant stuck his trunk down there, the croc could latch on and hang tight. Even an elephant would have trouble tossing a 2000 lb. croc around that had him by the trunk. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bataglin
04-07-2005, 11:28 AM
Because it's all rigged

Blarg
04-07-2005, 11:41 AM
I don't know about that. Elephants uproot and knock down TREES. Hell, they even eat the goddam things! That is one freaky huge animal.

Besides, one stomp from an elephant and the croc's guts are all on the outside.

Bataglin
04-07-2005, 11:48 AM
I seriously believe that an ant has a better shot to take down an average 2+2'er, than a croc has to finish off an elephant.

miajag81
04-07-2005, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know about that. Elephants uproot and knock down TREES. Hell, they even eat the goddam things! That is one freaky huge animal.

Besides, one stomp from an elephant and the croc's guts are all on the outside.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Elephants are mammals.
2. Elephants uproot trees ALL the time.
3. The purpose of the elephant is to flip out and kill crocodiles.

frank_iii
04-07-2005, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3. The purpose of the elephant is to flip out and kill crocodiles.

[/ QUOTE ]

3. Humans are mammals.
4. Humans uproot trees ALL the time.

That makes about as much sense to me as the rhino and hippo losing in round one. Don't diss the rhinos and hippos. This tournament needs a loser's bracket. Or a scandal. That way we can bring back the rhino and hippo.

Shajen
04-07-2005, 12:36 PM
I'm on it.

tolbiny
04-07-2005, 12:51 PM
i invented several new accounts, and voted for both the lion and the tiger. the total amount of my extra votes was n+1 (n being the margin of victory for whichever animal won by a larger margin).

apologies from saltlake city.

frank_iii
04-07-2005, 12:56 PM
And I kept trying to call in to register my rhino vote but the lines were always busy.

Blarg
04-07-2005, 01:23 PM
And that's real ultimate power!

Reef
04-07-2005, 01:30 PM
this poll is flawed

1) lion beat the rhino.
2) People are actually voting for the crocodile vs. an elephant

There should have been handicap groups. For example, 1 elephant, 2 rhinos, 3 lion/tigers, 4 hippos, 5 crocs, sup bro.

fsuplayer
04-07-2005, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sup bro.

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome.

seriously though, the rest is a great idea.

mason55
04-07-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Or a scandal.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about a Congressional Inquiry and some sealed grand jury testimony?

Did anyone ever blood test the animals? I heard that someone saw the tiger at BALCO.

OtisTheMarsupial
04-07-2005, 02:42 PM
Something’s wrong with your tourney.
You forgot an entire continent's worth of animals.

Where is the giant, viscous hamster that is a wombat ?
Where are the shrew, evil scavengers that are tasmanian devils ?
Where is the death-grip, boa constrictor-like tail of a cuscus ready to break the neck of it's opponent like a toothpick?
And who can forget the excavational prowess of a rufous spiny bandicoot who can swiftly dig up booby traps as well as easily transmit the fatal disease of Toxoplasmosis?

- Otis, native of a forgotten land

frank_iii
04-07-2005, 02:45 PM
I don't think those are really all that bad to leave out. An anaconda and walrus would have been nice but neither really would have a chance. <shrug>

It's a shame that a whale can't fight an elephant.

mason55
04-07-2005, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Where is the death-grip, boa constrictor-like tail of a cuscus ready to break the neck of it's opponent like a toothpick?
And who can forget the excavational prowess of a rufous spiny bandicoot who can swiftly dig up booby traps as well as easily transmit the fatal disease of Toxoplasmosis?

[/ QUOTE ]

riiiiight.... all these magical animals... you forgot unicorns and dragons, they're just as real as the things you listed.

Sporky
04-07-2005, 03:24 PM
i was browsing around the web and i found a few pictures taken from the wild that should clear a few things up.

Tiger vs Hippo
http://img8.exs.cx/img8/6901/hungryhippos7an.jpg

http://www.bggfiles.com/bggimages/pic52599.jpg

Lion vs. Rhino
http://img8.exs.cx/img8/381/rhinowins6cp.jpg

i'm just reporting this as an unbiased onlooker, but i think it's pretty hard to dispute the facts guys. proof is proof.

miajag81
04-07-2005, 03:25 PM
vnh

slavic
04-07-2005, 05:01 PM
well played, perfect on all streets.

Recliner
04-07-2005, 05:29 PM
How about a instead of fighting the lion and tiger morph into the ultimate cat fighter, a LIGER, to fight the elephant.

Filip
04-07-2005, 07:22 PM
Good Job, i was just gonna post the same pictures when i saw that u had done it already.

Brainwalter
04-07-2005, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

riiiiight.... all these magical animals... you forgot unicorns and dragons, they're just as real as the things you listed.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL