PDA

View Full Version : $33 Level 4 - Big Blind

Scuba Chuck
04-06-2005, 10:55 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP (t1685)
CO (t1390)
Button (t1245)
SB (t1145)
Hero (t605)
UTG (t1930)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to t200</font>, Hero....

1C5
04-07-2005, 09:15 AM
This one I am always not sure about. There are not many people in the 11s at least that will raise 200 and then fold for 400 more. What about in the 22s and 33s?

Scuba Chuck
04-07-2005, 09:32 AM
In general, I am a fan of not seeing a showdown. But the voters here would like to see a showdown, is that correct? We all agree that our chips are finding a way into the middle, but should it be done preflop, or post flop?

To get some discussion going, what is the risk/reward of pushing vs. the stop n go here?

The primary risk is the following: YOU'RE STILL RACING.

Any thoughts?

Scuba
who is unsure which is the best move here as well.

Phil Van Sexton
04-07-2005, 10:30 AM
I voted for Push. I have no idea why.

EdgePort
04-07-2005, 12:50 PM
I vote push, so that I don't have to come back to the table and push while multitabling. Not the best reason, but either way, I'm sure this is going to showdown whether I push Pre-flop or on the flop.

RobGW
04-07-2005, 12:56 PM
Scuba,

You are the shortstack against 6 people with blinds eating up your stack. You need to double up. Using the stop and go you only win $300 chips if everything goes according to plan. By pushing, you will win $700 if all goes according to plan. I think you need that extra money. Not to mention that this is not necessarily a coin flip. You may very well have him dominated and want him to call you.

CheckFold
04-07-2005, 01:01 PM
Push. He's probably calling a push a lot of times with hands you kill that he will have to fold on the flop if he misses. You'll win a lot less by stop and going in such cases. I don't think you make enough by making him fold the winner on the flop with small pairs on boards that missed you to make up for that.

The Yugoslavian
04-07-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I voted for <font color="red"> stop n go </font>. I have no idea why.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

NegativeEV
04-07-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In general, I am a fan of not seeing a showdown. But the voters here would like to see a showdown, is that correct? We all agree that our chips are finding a way into the middle, but should it be done preflop, or post flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I voted push. I do want a call preflop. This is an edge I need to take in this spot with these stacks.

The Student
04-07-2005, 02:12 PM
I push here because, like RobGW said, you need to double up soon - and I like your chances with these cards. I'm willing to push here and I'll be happy for a flip if I'm called, and I'm happy to take this down pre-flop too. I'm not worried about facing kings or aces here, so I push and I like my chances with 5 cards to come. Also, since the MP is the biggest stack left to act (after the UTG folds), this might just be a steal against the shortest stack (you) - another reason to push. To win this thing you're going to have to take some chances, and I'd rather push pre-flop then try a stop-n-go against one of the chip leaders.

ts-

ilya
04-07-2005, 02:25 PM
I voted push because he won't fold an underpair on the flop anyway, but he may fold a weaker/dominated non-pair hand that missed.

Scuba Chuck
04-07-2005, 02:42 PM
OK, I've now decided this was not a great post, as it was probably more results oriented.

Thanks for the thoughts. I thought pushing was right too, and now I'm sure of it.

Scuba