PDA

View Full Version : Which job...

istewart
04-06-2005, 10:46 PM

Boris
04-06-2005, 10:52 PM
Food critic in a place like NYC and its not even close.

Rick Diesel
04-06-2005, 11:11 PM
I picked film critic because I am a pretty picky eater and would not want to try a lot of the food, plus I really like watching movies.

deacsoft
04-06-2005, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I picked film critic because I am a pretty picky eater and would not want to try a lot of the food, plus I really like watching movies.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds almost exactly like what I would have said. I would have also added my fear of being fat later in life as a contributing factor to choosing film critic.

TStoneMBD
04-06-2005, 11:31 PM
i voted film critic because i like to watch movies, but i didnt think my answer through. do you see why? food critic and its not even close.

ill let others elaborate.

Ianco15
04-06-2005, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. I also try to eat very healthy and being a food critic would not allow me to do that.

Ianco15
04-06-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i voted film critic because i like to watch movies, but i didnt think my answer through. do you see why? food critic and its not even close.

ill let others elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say you chose food critic because it would allow you to eat in all sorts of exotic and high class restruants for free. Keep in mind that not everyone wants to do that.

TStoneMBD
04-06-2005, 11:36 PM
im a m3tr0s3xu41 disguised as []D [] []V[] []D

Ianco15
04-06-2005, 11:41 PM
I see.

istewart
04-06-2005, 11:45 PM
Film critics aren't exactly exercising all day.

Shajen
04-07-2005, 08:10 AM
Film critic.

I don't like Asian cuisine.

Plus, if movies suck, you can always fast forward to the end then write a scathing review...and if you are circulated widely enough, you can make or break other people's careers.

(Same could be said for food critics I guess)

The once and future king
04-07-2005, 08:47 AM
Well any film I critique I could watch anyway for a few quid.

The same can not be said for being a food critic. I dont know why I even engaged in reasoning about it as food critic is probably my dream job.

I bet there is a real cut off point in ages in relation to the choices made in the poll.

Younger = Film Critic (Havnt realy started to eat out that much)

Older = Food critic (Eating out central to ones social life)

housenuts
04-07-2005, 09:08 AM
food is so good. movies are not. i can't sit through a movie let alone critique on one. this was a no brainer.

The once and future king
04-07-2005, 09:37 AM
I would agree it is a no brainer but looking at the poll results we are in a minority.

beerbandit
04-07-2005, 09:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would say you chose food critic because it would allow you to eat in all sorts of exotic and high class restruants for free.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the reason for me, also sometimes watching a shitty movie is worse that eating bad food --- the movie would last way to long

i would also like to travel places i havent been

cheers

Boris
04-07-2005, 01:25 PM
Bump. The results of this poll reinforce Paluka's point. Film critics are generally viewed as whiny, uptight bitches. Food critics are feared.

SackUp
04-07-2005, 01:56 PM
Food critic by far.

Anyone can go see any movie, but it takes some cash to eat at some really swanky places.

Plus, while movies and food can both suck. A movie sucks for 2 hours, food lasts for 2 minutes.

And to the guy who said food critics don't excerise much - that is obviously a personal choice. I would be more apt to think food critics would excercise than lazy couch potato film critics like Ebert.