PDA

View Full Version : Ah, the funny things I hear - and I suck at $1/$2

dogmeat
04-06-2005, 10:36 PM
So Empire has the new Bonus, a free $150, the perfect time to teach a buddy how to play. He's been bugging me to help him out, so after a few lessons, I agree to play on his computer with him and get the bonus.

I make a few nice moves, then he sits for a while, then me, etc. While I'm playing he askes, "Why did you call that guy's full house with your flush; Why did you call that all the way down with just pocket aces," etc. We eventually get to four tabling and I go check the bonus account, which is about 25 hands short of 1050. I look at the cashier (he made the $600 deposit) and it is $599. So, we are down $1 after five hours. He then says (and I swear, quite innocently and sincerely), "So, now that we almost have the bonus, are you going to teach me how to win?"

So, I need some racketball - I go to LA Fitness and beat the crap out of a little blue ball for an hour. There was a father teaching his son (who's about seven) to play in the court next to me. They hit the showers the same time as me. The son looks his dad over, gets a perplexed look on his face and says, "Did mom marry you for your money?"

So, I feel a little better and drive home. I sit down on the couch with my three-year old daughter. She smiles that adorable smile at me, then pokes me in the belly and says, "You eat too much junkfood, daddy. If you keep eating it, your belly will blow up like a balloon and you'll float away and we'll never see you again." Then she smiles at me again. I go in the den and sulk.

Dogmeat
/images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/spade.gif

bholdr
04-06-2005, 10:40 PM
fantastic post. a very good read. keep 'em coming.

tdarko
04-07-2005, 01:44 AM
nice post.

thatpfunk
04-07-2005, 06:28 AM
Very nice writing and observations.

smoore
04-07-2005, 07:48 PM
hahaha! "ok, quit screwing around and show me how to WIN!" classic.

Bluffoon
04-07-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So Empire has the new Bonus, a free $150, the perfect time to teach a buddy how to play. He's been bugging me to help him out, so after a few lessons, I agree to play on his computer with him and get the bonus.

I make a few nice moves, then he sits for a while, then me, etc. While I'm playing he askes, "Why did you call that guy's full house with your flush; Why did you call that all the way down with just pocket aces," etc. We eventually get to four tabling and I go check the bonus account, which is about 25 hands short of 1050. I look at the cashier (he made the $600 deposit) and it is $599. So, we are down $1 after five hours. He then says (and I swear, quite innocently and sincerely), "So, now that we almost have the bonus, are you going to teach me how to win?"

So, I need some racketball - I go to LA Fitness and beat the crap out of a little blue ball for an hour. There was a father teaching his son (who's about seven) to play in the court next to me. They hit the showers the same time as me. The son looks his dad over, gets a perplexed look on his face and says, "Did mom marry you for your money?"

So, I feel a little better and drive home. I sit down on the couch with my three-year old daughter. She smiles that adorable smile at me, then pokes me in the belly and says, "You eat too much junkfood, daddy. If you keep eating it, your belly will blow up like a balloon and you'll float away and we'll never see you again." Then she smiles at me again. I go in the den and sulk.

Dogmeat
/images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/spade.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Kids... Arent they great?

If you want an honest opinion ask a kid.

You put a smile on my face... Thanks!

Popinjay
04-08-2005, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The son looks his dad over, gets a perplexed look on his face and says, "Did mom marry you for your money?"

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get this part. Is the Dad extremely hairy with boils allover?

SCfuji
04-08-2005, 02:17 AM
you and the "Dad" have the same problem. just unzip your pants!