PDA

View Full Version : poker tracker?

lll128
04-06-2005, 10:22 PM
is it allowed by Party poker to use this software. I read something in the terms and conditions that makes me wonder?

Pov
04-06-2005, 10:40 PM
I believe the applicable section would be:

6. Artificial Intelligence.
We are committed to detecting and preventing software programs which are designed to enable artificial intelligence (non-human) to play on our site. Such programs are often designed to send information about cards, dice or players to an external program. Information sent to an outside program is not permitted. The company will take measures to prevent and detect the use of such programs using methods including but not limited to screen scraping or reading the list of currently running programs on a player’s computer.

Poker Tracker would not technically violate this principle in my opinion because it passively reads log files the Party client itself puts on your hard drive. However, when you use something like PlayerView or Gametime+ I believe you are technically breaking this term of use, but not really the spirit of said term. They're really just making sure you don't create bots.

If you're in the U.S. you're much more likely to fall under this one:

5. Legality of Participation in Games.
You may only participate in the Games if you are over 18 years of age and it is legal for you to do so according to the laws that apply in the jurisdiction from where you are connecting. You understand and accept that Company is unable to provide you any legal advice or assurances and that it is your sole responsibility to ensure that at all times you comply with the laws that govern you and that you have complete legal right to play the Games. Participation in the Games is void for whomever and/or wherever prohibited by law.

I believe Internet poker is unlawful in most states of the USA. But I could be wrong. I am not a lawyer. Bottom line, if Party wants to boot you, they will. But why would they want to as long as you keep paying that rake? The only thing I can think of is if they were worried about the public's view of the integrity of the game which is why they outlaw bots.

Slim Pickens
04-07-2005, 12:55 AM
The creators of Poker Tracker worked closely with Party Poker during PT's development. It is OK to use.

Pov
04-07-2005, 12:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The creators of Poker Tracker worked closely with Party Poker during PT's development. It is OK to use.

[/ QUOTE ]

And Poker Tracker compatibility is a large part of the reason people here play on Party and not on sites like Full Tilt that aren't supported (at least not yet). Well that and all the fish, but hopefully you see my point. Poker Tracker gets them business.