PDA

View Full Version : Drawing hand question?

dawade
04-06-2005, 09:55 PM
I know I am supposed to fold for two bets on the flop since only one of my suit came, but can I call just one?

Also, how many "outs" do I have if only one of my suit came on the flop? 4.5?

Cooker
04-06-2005, 10:22 PM
What kind of draw? How big is the pot? I have seen situations where it would be correct to draw at a gutshot straight for 2 bets.

3 to the flush is worth about the same as 1.5 outs on the flop.

Hedge Henderson
04-07-2005, 03:10 AM
Cooker is right in that we'd need more information to tell you whether it's correct to draw to any hand for two bets.

For example, with loose-agressive opponents, calling two bets with something like AhKh on a flop of 2s7hTc when the pot is already 9 BB is a good thing. Calling two bets with 6s5s on a flop of AsKhTh against tight-passive opponents when there is only 1.5 BB in the pot is a bad thing. Most three-flush situations lie between the two, and learning where to draw the line is part of learning poker.

LSUfan1
04-07-2005, 10:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Cooker is right in that we'd need more information to tell you whether it's correct to draw to any hand for two bets.

For example, with loose-agressive opponents, calling two bets with something like AhKh on a flop of 2s7hTc when the pot is already 9 BB is a good thing. Calling two bets with 6s5s on a flop of AsKhTh against tight-passive opponents when there is only 1.5 BB in the pot is a bad thing. Most three-flush situations lie between the two, and learning where to draw the line is part of learning poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto...perfect example here!

The true answer as always is....it depends!