PDA

View Full Version : KQo button large pot

Justin A
04-06-2005, 09:40 PM
Villain is fairly new to the table. I'm six tabling and haven't played any hands against him so I don't have any reads.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Anyone just limp in here preflop?

Flop: (11 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero thinks a long time and calls.

River: (16 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18 BB

Anyone not like calling the flop 3bet and raising the turn? Anyone fold to the 3bet?

Danenania
04-06-2005, 09:55 PM
I would probably cap the flop in this spot and then call down from there if he kept betting. I like your play better in a more multiway pot where you're trying to protect your hand but here with just the SB behind you a flop cap works fine. I definitely couldn't fold to the turn 3-bet as I see way too many unknowns get out of line with a weak TP or random draw. If you had a strong read and could fold to a turn 3-bet confidently then your line would have more going for it.

Justin A
04-07-2005, 03:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would probably cap the flop in this spot and then call down from there if he kept betting. I like your play better in a more multiway pot where you're trying to protect your hand but here with just the SB behind you a flop cap works fine. I definitely couldn't fold to the turn 3-bet as I see way too many unknowns get out of line with a weak TP or random draw. If you had a strong read and could fold to a turn 3-bet confidently then your line would have more going for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I like your thinking a lot. He was in fact getting out of line with K8 and my hand is good.

Surfbullet
04-07-2005, 03:20 AM
I don't fold to a 3-bet here, but what might be one of my leaks is the inability to let a hand like TPGK go when I meet continued resistance..

Also, I like the pfr..

Surf