PDA

View Full Version : 55 in the CO

Justin A
04-06-2005, 09:36 PM
MP in this hand is typical 60/10 way too loose type player. No read on BB.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, MP calls.

What do you think so far and what's my plan for some different turn cards?

Danenania
04-06-2005, 10:00 PM
I raise this PF. On the flop I would probably just call and see what happens on the turn as I think a raise bloats the pot too much and often gets you 3-bet with you still not knowing where you're at. On a safe turncard you can bet if checked to or raise for a free showdown if BB bets again (safely folding to a 3-bet if it comes). You can also get out of the way if a bad card like an A, K, or Q hits and the BB bets.

Justin A
04-07-2005, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I raise this PF. On the flop I would probably just call and see what happens on the turn as I think a raise bloats the pot too much and often gets you 3-bet with you still not knowing where you're at. On a safe turncard you can bet if checked to or raise for a free showdown if BB bets again (safely folding to a 3-bet if it comes). You can also get out of the way if a bad card like an A, K, or Q hits and the BB bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thinking was that with the loosie in the middle who was unlikely to have anything, I could find out right away where I was. BB is unlikely to 3bet me with overcards when I raise after a caller like that.