PDA

View Full Version : $33 level 3 semi-bluff

Scuba Chuck
04-06-2005, 09:05 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t995)
UTG (t775)
MP (t1705)
CO (t2190)
Button (t865)
SB (t1470)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls t50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls t50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (t175) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t175</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t945 (All-In)</font>, MP folds, Button folds.

Final Pot: t1295

<font color="blue"> Thoughts?? </font>

curtains
04-06-2005, 09:27 PM
For what it's worth I would fold after the bet. I don't think the risk outweighs the reward here, but okay a lot of it depends on your view of the opponent.

valenzuela
04-06-2005, 09:35 PM
maybe ure ahead( flush draw ) I think its either an 11 or a 14 outer however I dont like it becuase its too risky. My read is TP or FD, TP more likely, I wouldnt fold TP after a re-raise all-in.

Voltron87
04-06-2005, 09:37 PM
Ehhh... I'm not too big a fan. It's not atrocious, but I think it is a losing move. The risk reward is not very good, winning 350 or losing 900, your stack (I know sometimes you'll win in a showdown. I'm not a fan of this in an unraised multiway pot.

I've begun to bluff a lot at the 33s at the 50 level, but I usually keep it to heads up pots and ones against the blinds where I raised pf, usually to 100 or 150. A lot of the time a simple bet of 150, then 200 on the turn seperates the wheat from the chaff.

Scuba Chuck
04-06-2005, 09:39 PM
Villain is in LP. You don't think he's buying the pot?

Apathy
04-06-2005, 10:44 PM
What hand are you trying to represent? I would call you with any hand I had bet becuase check raise all in on a draw heavy board reaks of draw.

If you had a pair or two pair or a set you would bet so I'm not afraid of you check raise all in.

Scuba Chuck
04-06-2005, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What hand are you trying to represent? I would call you with any hand I had bet becuase check raise all in on a draw heavy board reaks of draw.

If you had a pair or two pair or a set you would bet so I'm not afraid of you check raise all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good points. You would call with any two cards?

The Yugoslavian
04-06-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he said he'd call with whatever he'd bet like that on that flop. So, any two cards that would make him bet like that on that flop...he'd call your check/raise with.

Yugoslav

Apathy
04-07-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he said he'd call with whatever he'd bet like that on that flop. So, any two cards that would make him bet like that on that flop...he'd call your check/raise with.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly... don't expect to see any sort of decent player fold here unless they are on a pure bluff (which is unlikely).