PDA

View Full Version : Lost is the best Drama on TV

LotsOfOuts69
04-06-2005, 09:03 PM
I watch 24 also, and have always thought that was the best show, but Lost has been amazing. If you haven't seen it, get the first season on DVD this summer.

--LoO

pshreck
04-06-2005, 09:05 PM
I saw someone post a while back that Lost was not only the best new drama, but quite possibly the best ever. I of coursed laughed at this statement.

Then I went and watched the whole season up to now. It is possibly the best show I have ever seen, and I am not exaggerating.

Beerfund
04-06-2005, 09:05 PM
I concur. I also like House.

istewart
04-06-2005, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your opinion was just invalidated.

pshreck
04-06-2005, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your opinion was just invalidated.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. He might as well tell us he has the lowest standards ever.

Ianco15
04-06-2005, 09:29 PM
I haven't seen Lost, is it better than The Shield?

pshreck
04-06-2005, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't seen Lost, is it better than The Shield?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. And I think Shield is also great, but this is a clear yes.

holeplug
04-06-2005, 09:46 PM
Anyone else think Lost is a 1 season kind of show?

IndieMatty
04-06-2005, 09:48 PM
Obviously you guys don't watch Deadwood.

pshreck
04-06-2005, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly, yes. In fact, the format of the show (flashbacks for every main character intertwined with every episode) doesn't seem likely to be succesful if they try it again. There is simply not enough new things we can learn about the characters from their past, if they create too much it won't be believable.

PhatTBoll
04-06-2005, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Obviously you guys don't watch Deadwood.

[/ QUOTE ]

Swearingen is a badass. Both shows are great, but very very different.

PhatTBoll
04-06-2005, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly, yes. In fact, the format of the show (flashbacks for every main character intertwined with every episode) doesn't seem likely to be succesful if they try it again. There is simply not enough new things we can learn about the characters from their past, if they create too much it won't be believable.

[/ QUOTE ]

All the character development they did should mean they have more avenues to explore, not fewer. If viewers know the characters well enough, then they won't have to use flashbacks, and they can use past events in the shows to build up to future developments.

Every show has to change a little from season to season. Otherwise it gets stale.

DBowling
04-06-2005, 11:50 PM
i agree, its great.

Klepton
04-07-2005, 12:07 AM
lost is the best show ever created...period

and yes i believe it will survive more than one season, evey flashback only gives us a little piece of information that pertains to what is happeneing on the island.

jstnrgrs
04-07-2005, 01:21 AM
Could someone explain to me why NOBODY tells ANYBODY ANYTHING on that island? (Like why does Locke keep the hatch secret?)

rusty JEDI
04-07-2005, 02:44 AM
Yes, definitely the best new show in a while.

But

Tonights show which i assume prompted your post was a little over done.

rJ

rusty JEDI
04-07-2005, 02:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

and yes i believe it will survive more than one season, evey flashback only gives us a little piece of information that pertains to what is happeneing on the island.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus we still dont know what that monster was at the start of the season, the one that ate the half alive pilot in the jungle that three of them were searching for. They also havent explained the polar bears unless i missed an episode. The french lady obviously has a lot more left in her. And finally dont forget those numbers and what they mean.

At least another season. But, just lets hope they dont drag the [censored] out of it like they did in Carnivale before finally giving us an answer to at least something.

rJ

JaBlue
04-07-2005, 03:00 AM
n/t

Klepton
04-09-2005, 06:10 PM
the polar bears were created by walt's mind, as he has certian powers... in the two episodes we see him reading the comic book, the two polar bears appear

rusty JEDI
04-09-2005, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the polar bears were created by walt's mind, as he has certian powers... in the two episodes we see him reading the comic book, the two polar bears appear

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. I must have missed something.

rJ

rusty JEDI
04-09-2005, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was doing a little thinking on this.

Why doesnt Walt's mind create a 7-11 or an airplane out of there?

Did Walt's mind burn the first raft or did he do it manually?

rJ

Freakin
04-09-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude! I totally didn't get that (or at least I don't remember getting that). Thats pretty freaky. He should spend more time thinking about boats and radios.

Freakin

SameThreadBumper
05-19-2005, 03:41 PM

tbach24
05-19-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Redundant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great gimmick account. Putting "Use the search function, n00b's" as your location and maybe one of the cool "STFU NOOB" pictures with the dogs in your avatar would be great