[ QUOTE ]
hippo

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks. I figured as much.

[/ QUOTE ]
hippo kicked the shlt out of the shark

Evan
04-07-2005, 09:36 AM
Was this a fight that naturally occured or did Animal Planet commision this in some way?

mostsmooth
04-07-2005, 09:42 AM
the built some robots, and used animation for the actual fight
but i did read that this is a fight that actually occurs ever now and then , and i recall the hippo being the victor
hippos are cool

Evan
04-07-2005, 09:50 AM
We should ask if they're interested in building 8 animals and having a tournament.

mostsmooth
04-07-2005, 10:08 AM
wow great idea, but theyre probably too stupid to think of that

zaxx19
04-07-2005, 10:15 AM
Im sure Hippos win but isnt it true Bull sharks have like the highest naturally occuring levels of testosterone among all animals???

Those are some crazy ass sharks.

fsuplayer
04-07-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im sure Hippos win but isnt it true Bull sharks have like the highest naturally occuring levels of testosterone among all animals???

[/ QUOTE ]

cool fact if its true.

lucas9000
04-07-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cool fact if its true.

[/ QUOTE ]

" Why are bull sharks so aggressive? Does it have anything to do with their testosterone levels?

Whilst it is true that male bull sharks have more testosterone in their system than any other animal. Extreme levels of testosterone have been found in bull sharks during the breeding season and this may account for their particularly antisocial behaviour. However, attacks by Bull sharks are not limited to the breeding season, nor to males. Their aggressive reputation comes from their proximity to humans and their habitat - they reside in shallow inshore waters, often venturing far up freshwater rivers. They are also very adept at hunting in low to zero visibility waters, so a case of mistaken identity can certainly be applied. They are also reportedly very territorial, which again may account for their attacks on humans."

source (http://www.sharkfoundation.com/answer_archive.htm)