PDA

View Full Version : another food service guy strange behavior post

Rhone
04-06-2005, 06:13 PM
Remember this post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1556601&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&vc=1)? Why do these things always happen to me?

Anyway, here's today's question: what do you think when your waiter emerges from the kitchen carrying your meal, chewing? I'm not talking sucking on a hard candy or chewing a piece of gum, but mouth full of food chewing, so much that he has to pause for a few seconds to swallow when he sets your plate down before he can ask if you want ketchup with your fries.

Is this a no big deal kind of situation, a raise hell with the manager situation, or somewhere in between?

What if you knew for a fact it was one of your fries he was eating, would that change your answer? I can do without a french fry, and I'm sure waiters eat from the kitchen all the time, but I think once a food item is on a plate I'm going to pay for, then hands off.

[censored]
04-06-2005, 06:15 PM
It's poor service but not a big deal. If it was enough to bother me, it would affect my tip.

Boris
04-06-2005, 06:18 PM
I've worked in many restaurants. I wouldn't be concerned about the waiter chewing food as he's coming out of the kitchen. It's almost for certain not your food he's eating. Probably the cook made a mistake and there was a goody plate in the order up section.

Ulysses
04-06-2005, 06:28 PM
I think you need to relax.

Rhone
04-06-2005, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, I dunno...I'm not that upset, but there's just something disconcerting about your waiter chewing food, possibly your food, as he serves you.

spamuell
04-06-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
there's just something disconcerting about your waiter chewing food, possibly your food, as he serves you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Frankly, I'd be relieved that someone who has been inside the kitchen is willing to eat what they're serving you.

jakethebake
04-07-2005, 09:03 AM
I disagree with you guys. This is just plain awful. It's unprofessional as hell. Where do you draw the line? Is it o.k. for him to stand over your table brushing his hair? Picking his nose? I definitley would've said something to a manager.

housenuts
04-07-2005, 09:07 AM
i was serving a dinner the other night for some navy folks whilst me and my buddies were chewing. and by chewing i mean chewing tobacco, not munching on food. it was gross and we were laughing about the fact that we were such filth bags and we were serving them.

OtisTheMarsupial
04-10-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SpearsBritney
04-10-2005, 05:00 PM
A coworker(server)of mine was fired because he arrived at a table with a string of cheese attached from the french-onion soup to his mouth.

Funniest sh;t ever.