PDA

View Full Version : Yanks/Sox

tech
04-06-2005, 04:07 PM
Anybody watching? Nice boot A-Rod.

sublime
04-06-2005, 04:13 PM
ohh man if the sox can win my faith will be restored, after they lost those TWO games i was certain all hope was lost. i mean matsui was the leading MVP canidate. RJ was the cy young award winner. rivera was....well bad. i was gonna go sell all my tickets this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but if they can win this and get to 1-2...oh man we could still have hope.

tdarko
04-06-2005, 04:15 PM
those are the most frustrating for pitchers, the games where you dont really get hit hard but balls blood in front of outfielders, groundballs have eyes, infielders cant make a play and you are missing just off the plate. still a great game to watch though

[censored]
04-06-2005, 04:16 PM
[censored] [censored] [censored], passed ball 7-3 Sox. I'm hitting the showers.

Voltron87
04-06-2005, 04:16 PM
[censored] Arod.

LethalRose
04-06-2005, 04:17 PM
I'am glad to see boston come back

however Riveria is on my fantasy team.

kerssens
04-06-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[censored] Arod.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take him back in Seattle...he can even move back to SS.

sublime
04-06-2005, 04:18 PM
[censored] Arod.

it happens.

prizminferno
04-06-2005, 04:18 PM
Rivera = pwned

tdarko
04-06-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[censored] Arod.

it happens.

[/ QUOTE ]
haha nice.

PassiveCaller
04-06-2005, 04:22 PM
I love the beginning of the season or at least people's perceptions in the beginning of the season.. everything is overmagnified because it's all you see in the box scores and standings....

Slumps happen they just seem to effect perceptions so much more when it's all they have to go on eh? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Russ McGinley
04-06-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You may want to bench Rivera during Sox/Yanks series since he's blown nearly as many saves as he has against all other teams combined. They just know how to beat this guy.

tdarko
04-06-2005, 04:26 PM
maybe they will go out and buy another closer, you know one for the bosox and mariano for the rest of the teams.

Toro
04-06-2005, 04:27 PM
Suddenly, the bombers don't look so invincible.

Russ McGinley
04-06-2005, 04:29 PM
Eric Gagne will sign for $12m/year next year to be the closer against Boston.

LethalRose
04-06-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You may want to bench Rivera during Sox/Yanks series since he's blown nearly as many saves as he has against all other teams combined. They just know how to beat this guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea I recently read this myself, I just didnt believe it until today.

Pocket Trips
04-06-2005, 04:40 PM
I think its disgraceful that there are 4 year old yankee fans that have yet to experience a championship in their lifetime. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif GO YANKS!!!!

Voltron87
04-06-2005, 04:42 PM
Arod makes one easy play and we win the game, and sweep the Sox. I'm so pissed off right now.

Jack of Arcades
04-06-2005, 05:38 PM
Mariano's more to blame than A-Rod.

sublime
04-06-2005, 05:46 PM
Arod makes one easy play and we win the game, and sweep the Sox.

the play wasnt 'easy' and the double play isnt a guarantee either.

i am pissed. that they had these games so early in the year. booo on MLB.

Dynasty
04-06-2005, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a great way to start the season.

The two teams also close the season against each other.

sublime
04-06-2005, 06:06 PM

ehhhh, very debateable. i mean, neither one of these teams are playing as good as they will be a month from now. i mean 6 games in the firet week and a half? i think MLB wasted some valuable exposure by pitting then against each other during a period when fans are goign to be very interested to begin with.

now THATS good /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[censored]
04-06-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would always have the Yankees v. Redsox open and close the season as well as the Giants v. Dodgers in the NL.

Voltron87
04-06-2005, 06:35 PM
Well it wasn't an easy play by Arod... but it should have been made. I'm on baseball fan tilt right now too. It was mostly Rivera's fault though, you're right. I trust that he will rebound. It is only the first weekend and he didn't pitch much in the spring, I am not as doom and gloom about him as everyone else.

As for scheduling, I'm kind of unsure. I think 6 early games is overdoing it, if we should even be playing now at all. But on the other hand I was unbelievably amped to play Boston opening day. Maybe an opening series, 3 weeks, and then the other series.

DougOzzzz
04-06-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ohh man if the sox can win my faith will be restored, after they lost those TWO games i was certain all hope was lost. i mean matsui was the leading MVP canidate. RJ was the cy young award winner. rivera was....well bad. i was gonna go sell all my tickets this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but if they can win this and get to 1-2...oh man we could still have hope.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's still no hope. I mean, they're 1-2. 1-2!!!!! They're a LOSING team, no way they're gonna do anything this year.

Since I feel sorry for you, I'll take all your tickets this year off your hands...

jstnrgrs
04-06-2005, 07:51 PM
I think the Red Sox and Yankees should play two series at the end of May, two at the end of July, and two to finish the season. This would be awsome.

I know in the past, it often seemed like they didn't play untill May, and it was awsome because at around the time that it baseball has been going for a while and starts to get dull, we play the Yankees, and that's never dull.