PDA

View Full Version : Is there a time to slow down?

fiyah
04-06-2005, 03:45 PM
Lets say you are 6 handed and the blinds are 100/200. You've stolen 2 out of the last 5 hands, and you get K/10o on the CO, you have about 10 times the BB, do you push this hand if you have everyone else covered?

fiyah
04-06-2005, 03:46 PM
On that note, is there a time you would want to just min raise or limp in because you have been so aggressive? Or is this just plain wrong?

EasilyFound
04-06-2005, 04:36 PM
good question. i don't know the answer. i bet people say keep pooooshing until it doesn't work.

Patrick Duffy
04-06-2005, 04:39 PM
the time to slow down is when you stop getting push cards

Sluss
04-06-2005, 04:46 PM
Of course, it depends...

Does the table seem to be getting fed up? Is there weak tight players in the blinds that just want to coast to the money? All of these factor into if you should push or not.

Personally I like to wait a few hands here to raise again. But if everyone is playing scared money then I will push/raise.

microbet
04-06-2005, 04:47 PM
In that scenerio it depend on how much I have them covered by. In general, I will tighten my standards a bit when I have pushed a lot if I can afford to pass up a potential steal.

otctrader
04-06-2005, 04:51 PM
Obviously limit and player dependent, but yes, the odds of someone taking a shot at you with Ax go up considerably. More important, you'll have two orbits or so where you have the luxury of pushing a monster and getting action.

TheCat
04-06-2005, 05:29 PM
Nice post, made me think about what I normally do here instictivly without much thought:
You have enough chips that you are not desperate to steal. Your table image my well be loose, if you push here you may get called by Asmall or a small pair which puts you on the wrong side of a coin flip at best. Why take the risk of serious damage to your chip position when you don't have to.
I would only consider a push here if Button,SB and BB all had at least 4xBB after posting and none were in any way loose.
I'm pushing here with A9s,AJo,88.

EasilyFound
04-06-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the time to slow down is when you stop getting push cards

[/ QUOTE ]

How many times have I read "I'll push here with any two." /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Benholio
04-06-2005, 07:05 PM
This makes me think of a point that Eastbay made about varying your raise amounts, even when you are willing to call a re-raise and get all-in. The idea was to keep your opponents guessing, whereas if you push every time, they will assume you are pushing with garbage and be more likely to call.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about heads-up mainly, but I think this might apply in other situations where you find yourself pushing very often and don't want to lose all of your FE.

lastchance
04-06-2005, 07:36 PM
If BB is not amazingly low, and no one has more than 7x BB, this is a push for me. Depends on a lot of other things though.