PDA

View Full Version : ATo, SB, heads up

maxpowers21
04-06-2005, 03:33 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

River: (6 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 7 BB

Turn check was with intention to check raise the turn.

Question 1. what is the rational behind trying to go for a turn check/raise or just cappign the flop and leading out the turn. Just wondering about some good arguments on either side.

I also thought strongly about capping pf, but i am a poon, who caps here pf?

thoughts on all streets welcome.

maxpowers21
04-06-2005, 03:47 PM
Obviously if i knew this opponet would 3bet the flop and check the turn to take free cards, i would've capped and lead out, but agaisnt a typical 5-106maxer is this always the best play?

PassiveCaller
04-06-2005, 03:54 PM
terrible spot to check-raise the turn there's a very strong change he is drawing.

J.R.
04-06-2005, 03:58 PM
bad turn check-raise.

he 3-bet preflop (although its a blind steal), then 3-bet the flop, so he probably has a pair or overcards/hearts/straight draw (maybe an 8), and most pairs and other hands that 3-bet this flop and bet the turn you don't want to check-raise the turn against, and it more likely statistically he has overcards rather than a pair, so cap the flop and lead, and I don't think its really close.

Sure he may have KTs or 99 but most often when he bets he turn you are behind and most often he will end up checking behind on the turn. god my writing is horribly mangled this afternoon. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

maxpowers21
04-07-2005, 12:31 AM
So are you suggestign a check call or bet on the turn, and why is a flop 3bet a very strong indication of a drwing hand, this does not mean anything to me other then he has a big pair, or another big hand, or wants free cards

ReadyEddie
04-08-2005, 06:34 PM
I agree looks like a typical "free card" play, you have to lead out the turn. Especially with a brick like that 2/images/graemlins/club.gif

But why cap the flop? at this point, coming from a PF 3 bettor i'm afraid of a high PP (TT-AA), and you still have no position on him for the turn, dont see what capping the flop does.