PDA

View Full Version : AJo heads up from the big blind

einbert
04-06-2005, 03:08 PM
My first hand at the table, villian is completely unknown.

Does anyone cap preflop and lead any flop?

Does anyone fold the flop?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.25 BB

BigEndian
04-06-2005, 03:12 PM
First hand at the table, I fold the flop and pay a lot of attention to MP2.

- Jim

gvibes
04-06-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First hand at the table, I fold the flop and pay a lot of attention to MP2.

- Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. His line seems quite donkish.

ZeusXIX
04-06-2005, 03:15 PM
i think you fold after the flop bet. you are beat by too many hands.

ZeusXIX

Chris Dow
04-06-2005, 03:26 PM
I probably won't cap here on my first hand. As far as folding the flop I'm going to completely disagree with that suggestion. I'm definitely peeling one off. The primary reason here is that I want to see if Villain will bet again on the turn (some pocket pairs and some villains will slow down and check behind on the turn which effectively buys me two cards with 6 outs both times for one small bet). I'd say it's pretty obvious that he will bet absolutely anything at us when we check the flop, I don't think that's entirely true for the turn. And also we can improve to a reasonable hand here. I think if we improve with either the ace or jack we're obviously going to showdown. I don't really think I'll be able to get aggressive after hitting the ace though (probably a check/call, bet/call river line at best)

Also, good lord, first hand and just folding the flop after taking that aggressive preflop line? I think that's a very bad introduction to the table for us.

BigEndian
04-06-2005, 03:33 PM
I disagree, there's a K on the flop, folding the flop shouldn't point fingers at us as being weak. If I had over cards to the board, then I'm peeling one off, but not with just one overcard.

- Jim

Borodog
04-06-2005, 03:41 PM
Given that the entire table folded around to you except the limper, he may know something you don't, i.e. that the table is tight. He might then be willing to limp AA or KK, rather than raise and just take the blinds. I don't see him limp re-raising much that you have beaten, unless he's making a position play on you. He may feel (correctly) that you may be raising a wide variety of hands heads up vs 1 limper, will usually miss the flop, and will release against continued aggression.

I might bet out on this flop and fold if raised, fearing my outs are no good.

In any event, if he continues to show aggression, I'm not putting any big bets in. Fold and watch him carefully.

einbert
04-06-2005, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I might bet out on this flop and fold if raised, fearing my outs are no good.

[/ QUOTE ]

But I think I'm getting raised a HUGE percentage of the time here, and I don't feel comfortable folding to it getting like 9-1.

I considering check/calling the flop then betting the turn. That line tends to get bluffers to fold a decent percentage of the time in my experience. What does everyone think of that potential line?

ptmusic
04-06-2005, 06:40 PM
I like that line - check/call, then bet turn. Or I would've bet the flop and if he just called, I'd bet the turn.

If he raised me on the flop, I'd call, then check/fold the turn.

I can't imagine he actually has AA or KK, but KQ or KJ or lower pocket pair, maybe. Just being a calling station postflop isn't going to help figure it out.

-ptmusic