PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 - Getting raised on turn. What to do?

aflaba
04-06-2005, 02:51 PM
All opponents are unknown. As most of the time :-)

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds.

Turn: (5 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>

Fooold?
Or not?

Stupendous_Man
04-06-2005, 03:11 PM
With no reads on any players, I probably call the turn raise and then check/call the river. CO only limps preflop after it being folded to him. While I've seen it on occassion, I don't put CO on a big pocket pair. I also doubt a middle pocket pair. He could be on A-4 and floped trips or he could be on 7-x and thinks middle pair is good against you holding overcards.

Again, with no reads, I'd like to see a showdown.

cjx
04-06-2005, 03:38 PM
With no reads, flip a coin? Lots of players like to attack a preflop raiser just because they are sure they are on overcards (or at least it seems that way to me), these players could have anything from hearts, to a 7, to a jack, to absolutely nothing. The other half of the pool is loose passive and has a four here.

With the SB still in the hand I think it's less likely a total bluff and more likely some sort of hand and you are only beating draws and 7's... I think I'd recommend folding, but in the heat of the moment (assuming SB folds) I'd probably call.

Edit: Oops, misread SB. That makes it trickier ... again... I guess I'll call down and lose and make some sort of note on this guy.

cjx