PDA

View Full Version : Time to take charge of the hand?

Jeffro
04-06-2005, 02:29 PM
I’ve been trying awful hard to break some weak tendencies I have. I know I’m often bet out of hands. Is this a proper spot to show some aggression by raising the flop? Or is this flop a set or be done?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12.40 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero ???

snapfc01
04-06-2005, 02:45 PM
i like to raise here because the BB is more likely to have the 4 then the 8. also most players are more likely to bet out on the flop if they have the 4 but will slow play an 8... if you raise and he reraises it might be time to get out... but i think you're ahead much more then you're behind in this spot

QTip
04-06-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i like to raise here because the BB is more likely to have the 4 then the 8. also most players are more likely to bet out on the flop if they have the 4 but will slow play an 8... if you raise and he reraises it might be time to get out... but i think you're ahead much more then you're behind in this spot

[/ QUOTE ]

?

gvibes
04-06-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With what hands having a 4 did BB cap with?

EDIT: dammit, I'm slow. I would be tempted to just fold here. Even if we are ahead, we'd likely be dodging a lot of outs on the later streets, and I doubt anyone is folding this flop.

snapfc01
04-06-2005, 02:52 PM
lol sorry... that is what happens when i'm half awake, 4 table and read 2+2....

please erase this from your memory lol...

Jeffro
04-06-2005, 02:54 PM
I need to clean my monitor know that I spew my drink all over it.

snapfc01
04-06-2005, 02:58 PM
with a relatively large pot size i still think a raise might be right if you are able to fold if you are reraised... many small stakes players will cap AK everytime they have it. yet they will slow down when the flop is ugly for them and they will just call your raise then check... and if you are up against a hand like AA or KK they might just call then go for the check raise on the turn and you can see it down for 1 BB. calling is completely out of the question here.

thoughts?

BigEndian
04-06-2005, 03:00 PM
I think I would have folded PF when it came back to me. Or rather I should have, I might have been hard-headed.

I would also fold this flop. If I were going to play past this flop I would raise and fold the turn unimproved if 3-bet.

- Jim

Jeffro
04-06-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I would have folded PF when it came back to me. Or rather I should have, I might have been hard-headed.

[/ QUOTE ]
I debated hard about about folding PF, but getting what would be 5-1 I thought I had to call for set value alone. Am I wrong in my thinking here?

BigEndian
04-06-2005, 03:29 PM
No, you're right. My mistake.

- Jim

flair1239
04-06-2005, 03:34 PM
In all honesty, depending on the people, I might have let this go pre-flop. But I am not going to criticise the call, because it is close and you will obviously get paid big time if you hit the set.

But really I am folding the flop. If this was heads-up I would probably raise and see what happens. But as it is the possibility of a raise behind you if you call, or getting three-bet if you raise is pretty high.

If you do continue, I would raise in hopes knocking out the button. Then calling a single raise and seeing what the turn brings. If it is capped back to me I just fold.

But overall I like folding the flop.

Chris Dow
04-06-2005, 03:36 PM
This is a flop fold. The fact that the button is behind you and he 3 bet weighs in heavily imo. Maybe if you were the button and the co had folded you can raise but even then make sure the BB is stupid. He did make it 4 bets and this is the time to show some respect imo.

QTip
04-06-2005, 03:46 PM
You may now join my elite club of monitor spewers (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=1925097&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;s b=5&amp;o=&amp;vc=1)