PDA

View Full Version : Looks like they caught the sniper

Ryan_21
10-24-2002, 03:43 PM
..for anyone who hasnt heard yet. Aparently they found two men sleeping in a chevy caprice. Found a 223 rifle and one of they men was awarded they highest markmanship award possible in the military and was a persian gulf war veteran.

Ryan_21

10-24-2002, 04:11 PM
It seems sort of funny that these guys were so elusive, then get caught just sleeping in their car at a rest stop. (I wonder why they didn't pull off to sleep somewhere off a more isolated road or something.)

One commentator said he thinks there's evidence that there may have been others involved in this, and that we might see more searches and maybe more arrests in the near future.

I also noticed that the police were getting a lot of praise for their work once the arrest was made, but got a lot of flack before that. Lots of armchair quarterbacking I guess.

B-Man
10-24-2002, 05:33 PM
Gee, it turns out the sniper wasn't a white male in his 20s after all. I can't say I'm shocked, despite the fact that 99% of the criminologists I heard or read said it was probably a white male. Michelle Malkin (bravo to her) was the only writer I am aware of (I'm sure there are others) who suggested the crime was related to al queda or another terrorist group; at a minimum we know he sympthatized with the 9/11 hijackers, and I predict we are going to know a lot more than that very soon.

Yet another example of why something needs to be done about militant Islam. The weapons are only going to get bigger if we don't do anything. Next time it may not be a sniper, it may be a mushroom cloud over Washington.

MCS
10-28-2002, 05:47 AM
How do you conclude that this has any connection with "militant Islam"?

Timothy McVeigh probably would have sympathized with the 9/11 hijackers too.