PDA

View Full Version : A9s flop decision

ravballz
04-06-2005, 01:39 PM
Interpoker 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666"> 2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB raises, <font color="red"> Hero calls</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (7.75 SB) 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue"> (4 players) </font>
SB bets, <font color="red">Hero...? </font>

I wrote this dung myself so I better get some decent answers.

The table is very loose, with many players calling a cheap flop with as much as one overcard.

Here are my thoughts. I figure my hand is probably the best at the moment so raising would be good to get out players with overcards, however the nut flush looks inviting, thus I want many players in the hand.

Klak
04-06-2005, 01:43 PM
umm yeah i would just call here as well. get ready to 3-bet if it gets raised behind you.

ravballz
04-06-2005, 01:44 PM
Yup, that was my plan /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Stupendous_Man
04-06-2005, 03:02 PM
I'd call the flop bet and look for the SB to lead the turn (assuming no raise on the flop), which I raise.

If the flop is raised after me, I 3-bet the flop.

Grisgra
04-06-2005, 03:07 PM
Because there was a raise preflop I think the pot is big enough that I don't mind trying to win it here.

You're only 1 in 3 to nail the flush, 1 in 5 on the turn. You are *probably* not going to make the flush, or hit an ace. The chances are significantly greater than that that a non-spade TJQK hits the board. So I think I lean towards raising, unless I can expect a raise behind me, in which case I wait to 3-bet it like everyone else suggests.

TMFS9
04-06-2005, 03:15 PM
You said the table is very loose, you have an open limping CO and a limping button which generally signifies loose passives, my guess is it is quite possible that atleast one will call 2 cold with this board. Raise the flop, your hand, while strong is still quite vulnerable and the pot is big enough not to slowplay.

krishanleong
04-06-2005, 03:18 PM
I raise all day. Forcing people out improves the chance that you will win unimproved. People calling two isn't bad because if you are behind you have a monster draw. The raise preflop makes this pot big enough to play fast and try and win without a showdown.

Krishan

Justin A
04-06-2005, 03:20 PM
Easy raise. Lots of cards can come that one of the loose limpers will beat you with. Pot is big enough.