PDA

View Full Version : First hand - AA - lotta action

Scuba Chuck
04-06-2005, 01:23 PM
I couldn't find the HH for this hand, and I forgot to select. This is a $33 table.

Hero (me /images/graemlins/grin.gif) UTG. Dealt AA. I sometimes limp here, but it's the first hand so I post t75. UTG+1 quickly calls. CO calls, SB calls, and BB! Damn 5 players in this pot. What the hell are 5 people calling with? I was putting UTG+1 on AK, CO on a pocket pair, and the blinds, well, they're the blinds. I have no clue.

Pot t375
Flop 89Tr. SB and BB check. To me, I'm completely confused, so I check (bad move I think?). UTG+1 bets t200. CO Calls. SB raises to t400, BB pushes. Back to me, and Hero ...mucks.

Any thoughts?

Patrick Duffy
04-06-2005, 01:30 PM
after all those calls, someone may have jq, at, kk, stuff like that...unless you really believe someone has jq you should call

RobGW
I normally don't advocate folding but this is a case where I think you did the right thing. There is just entirely too much action here. Even if by chance you do still have the best hand I think its obvious at least one of these players will be on a draw if not two of them. I would say you are probably already beat by a set.

syphlix
i think i would muck that too... w/ 1 overcall then 2 reraises i think i gotta assume that someone has a set or a straight...

1C5
04-06-2005, 01:33 PM
Yeah, you are probably beat here.

Are you sure this wasn't a $5+1?

microbet
04-06-2005, 01:36 PM
Good fold, IMO. I doubt overpair will win this hand.

Benholio
04-06-2005, 01:46 PM
I think you played this hand well. The PF raise, the flop check, and the flop fold are all good.

[ QUOTE ]
I was putting UTG+1 on AK, CO on a pocket pair, and the blinds, well, they're the blinds. I have no clue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than just guessing, is there any way you put UTG+1 and CO on such specific hands?

KingMedicine
04-06-2005, 02:03 PM
yea, this is one of those hands i look at my monitor for a few seconds to process the mess, chuckle and muck.

microbet
04-06-2005, 02:08 PM
http://members.optushome.com.au/addd/sarcasm.jpg

- Scuba

Scuba Chuck
04-06-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was putting UTG+1 on AK, CO on a pocket pair, and the blinds, well, they're the blinds. I have no clue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other than just guessing, is there any way you put UTG+1 and CO on such specific hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

I always try and guess what peoples hands are when they just call a large preflop raise. It turned out that UTG+1 had AJ (so I wasn't completely off). But yeah, I'm just guessing.