PDA

View Full Version : Have a read on a player, don't know how to exploit it (X post MTT)

shakingspear
04-06-2005, 12:03 PM
I put this in the MTT forum first, but that was probably the wrong location.

Step 4, blinds 50/100. The player on my immediate right is taking part in the blind stealing fun. But he steals in two different ways. The first is the 3X BB steal. When everyone folds he shows his cards to the table, and it's always a monster hand. The second is the push. When he pushes and everyone folds, he doesn't show his cards.

He has more chips than me, so what range of hands should I be calling his all-ins with? Is there any other way for me to exploit this tell?

syphlix
04-06-2005, 01:05 PM
doesn't it sound like he's 3x'ing his good hands and pushing his not so good hands?... or would i have been a victim of a horrible bamboozling?

shakingspear
04-06-2005, 01:12 PM
Hmm, maybe I'm not explaining myself correctly. Yes, he's obviously pushing with his not so good hands. What would I need to call him down since he has more chips than me?

For instance: He has T1200, and I have T900. The blinds are 75/150. Everyone folds to him in the SB and he pushes. His hand is probably not too strong based on my previous read. If I have something like J9s should I call? What hands should I call with?

syphlix
04-06-2005, 01:17 PM
oh oops i missed the point sorry...

guess this is one of those "what % of random hands does XX beat" etc.. i'm not positive exactly... i think some ppl have links to pages that help w/ that...

w. J9s and blinds that high theres a good chance i'm calling...

Phil Van Sexton
04-06-2005, 01:20 PM
You need to say how often he is pushing and raising.

For example:
raise x3=20%
allin = 30%
fold = 50%

We also need the number of players left and their stack sizes.

Once I have all this, I'll probably be lazy to figure out the answer, but maybe someone else will.