PDA

View Full Version : M Gets A New Car

MMMMMM
04-06-2005, 11:31 AM
After tooling around for a half-dozen years in el cheapo cars (that each cost around $600-$1200), I finally decided to splurge and get a new car I could be proud of and that wouldn't drain me on repairs.

My new car is a 1994 Buick Park Avenue. 109K miles, 1 owner, meticulously maintained and beautiful. All kinds of bells and whistles and leather seats and whatnot. Almost brand new transmission too. Good rubber.

The owner was even nice enough to deliver it and I gave him a ride back home in my old jalopy. He had just purchased a gorgeous new black Chrysler M300. That beast looked truly awesome in his garage.

If I had millions I don't think I would spend 40K on a car. Whywhywhywhy? Now, I could get a car and a finished plumbed cottage with around 20 acres for 40K total. The cottage and land is $37.5K. You just need to know where to look for these things.

I'm hoping I can run good enough this year to get the cottage and land (or similar) and still have a bankroll left over. No more rent/mortgage to pay ever, YIPPEE! Maybe if I run outstandingly good I'll go for one with more land. But I don't really expect that to happen as I generally run under par.

Y'all can have yer fancy cars--I'm fixin' to live like Ray Zee. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

2+2-ers may be invited to visit if they don't mind possum stew and squirrel. Salads fresh from the woods and herb garden.

Paluka
04-06-2005, 11:34 AM
What kind of mileage does this beast get?

MMMMMM
04-06-2005, 11:46 AM
I'm still clocking it as it is on the first tank of gas that I put into it. Anyway it will be a big improvement over my old 1990 Grand Marquis.

astroglide
04-06-2005, 11:55 AM
http://www.badbeat.com/tmp/par.jpg

i hope 1994 was better than 1997! the further left it goes, the worse it gets.

gumpzilla
04-06-2005, 11:59 AM
I'm pretty ignorant here. Are they really making more reliable cars these days? Or is it the obvious explanation that the younger cars haven't had enough time to go bad yet?

astroglide
04-06-2005, 12:32 PM
reliability generally improves over time, it's not the case with all makes/models though