PDA

View Full Version : blind steal strategy with Big Stack on your left?

swarm
04-06-2005, 10:23 AM
This has been an issue plaguing me lately. Before level 4 quite often the player directly to my left has the monster stack at the table. It makes the blind steal opps much more difficult.

1) There calling standards are much lower as they feel they can gamble because of their chip lead

2) Players with a big stack this early are generally pretty loose to begin with as you have to gamble to get a BIG STACK that early usually. They are also hot and chip drunk and feel like they will hit anything!

When it is 4-5 handed it is even more added pressure on you when you are in the BB. The other mediocre stacks get to attack after they see what the Big Stack does UTG. If he's out of the hand you know there coming, so you don't get any free Blind passes. Just feels like i'm getting squeezed the entire time in this situation.

Cleveland Guy
04-06-2005, 10:32 AM
I have dealt with this 2.

Here are a couple things I like to do.

1. Punish limpers when in the blinds. If you are SB or BB, and have 1 or 2 (BB w/SB) limpers to you - push all in.

2. Make bigger bets on steals. my take is these guys will call a 3xBB or 4xBB raise with anything cause you will push a flop that misses big cards, and they can call with their 98 when it hits top pair. Make your bet so your not going to fold, it will make him less likely to call your pre flop raises.

Scuba Chuck
04-06-2005, 10:40 AM
I've noticed that the guys who have played loose early and have really built a sizeable chip stack really tighten up later on. That being said, make big bets to deter their play.

Scuba