PDA

View Full Version : What is a "RAKED" hand (LC)

USCSigma1097
04-06-2005, 07:55 AM
Gentlemen,

I know that this question does not belong in this forum, but I have asked it at other sites and have gotten conflicting answers. I respect the posters here, so I apologize that this is a bit off topic.

What constitutes a "raked hand" for the purposes of clearing a bonus? Empire Poker has a 25% match reload bonus for the next four days, it is says that you have to play five times as many raked hands as the amount of your "bonus" in order to clear it. Is a raked hand any hand that you are sitting at a table that is rakes, regardless of whether you fold preflop etc..., or do you have to actively participate in said hand? Do you have to see it to the river...win the pot...win the big game, sleep with the prom queen etc...???

I'm sorry, but I needed to know the answer to this and have been struggling to get one.

Thanks in advance,
Sigma

stigmata
04-06-2005, 08:03 AM
For clearing a bonus, it's any hand that you where delt in, and the site took a rake. So you could fold preflop, and as long as the pot was bigger than $20 (at $2/4 and above), that would count as one hand cleared for your bonus.

USCSigma1097
04-06-2005, 08:37 AM
So basically I could buy in to party for the full 600 so that i could get the max bonus and clear that puppy in three or four hours four tabling?

TheCaptain
04-06-2005, 08:39 AM
at 5 10 and 10 20 6max it'll probably take 1500 hands to get 1000 raked, at least thats how long it took me

stigmata
04-06-2005, 08:41 AM
Yep, those bonuses are damn easy to clear. Usually takes me a couple of evenings, but with the week time limit easy-peasy.

USCSigma1097
04-06-2005, 08:45 AM
With most sites accepting Netteller, you could almost earn a pretty decent living just moving your money around and clearing bonuses, eh?

TheCaptain
04-06-2005, 08:48 AM
go clear some bonuses and you can take me out to red lobster for dinner and drinks when you're done.

USCSigma1097
04-06-2005, 08:54 AM
"I was having dinner at the Olive Garden the other night, and at some point during the meal I happened to look at our waitress and think...I wonder what kind of panties she's wearing. Chances are they were just plain cotton underpants, but maybe it was a thong...or maybe even something so cool I don't know about it yet.....What...are we not in the trust tree??? In the nest???"

If you haven't seen Old School...Go buy it...

Mitch,

If you're reading this, then you allready know. They took the house and boarded up the windows. We're in the Holiday Inn, room 217.

Love,
Frank

stigmata
04-06-2005, 09:12 AM
I don't understand that post..... If the last part of your post is referring to what I think it is then thats bad [censored] dude. Sorry.