PDA

View Full Version : Level 3 KJs stealy sorta stuff

deathpotato
04-06-2005, 06:07 AM
SB seems maybe a little loose preflop but quite solid, BB looks good.

How is the check through on the flop? I figure this may a) allow me a shot at completing my flush for a probable showdown-winner against an ace; b) look like an obviously slowplayed Ace and set up a turn semibluff if I don't hit and am checked to again; and c) avoid a checkraise. However, it might also prompt a turn bet from a mid PP that I wouldn't be able to call.

On the turn I'm pretty much sure that BB has an Ace. I think calling here is bad, BB has 9 outs to a boat provided he does indeed have an ace and not the rather unlikely 55 or 33, and he will likely call me with his ace. SB likely has a mid PP and will fold to a push, but when I look at the hand now I realize that my repeated calls would be quite scary to a mid PP too, as I'm representing a mid-high pair that doesn't want to be bluffed out of the pot.

Now that SB is in on the river, I think I have to push. I doubt SB will overcall with anything that he would not call a push with, and I am very likely ahead of BB. This river play was a real brain fart and I'm not at all happy with it.

Thanks for any and all comments, I think I played this hand poorly especially on the turn and river. Am I right in thinking I should push the turn?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG+1 (t455)
MP1 (t410)
MP2 (t1155)
Hero (t1615)
Button (t525)
SB (t2175)
BB (t2065)
UTG (t1600)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t150</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls t125, BB calls t100.

Flop: (t450) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (t450) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t225</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t450</font>, Hero calls t450, SB calls t225.

River: (t1800) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets t400</font>, Hero calls t400, SB calls t400.

Final Pot: t3000

kyro
04-06-2005, 07:46 AM
No lone A is going to fold the river if they miss a boat. I'd rather let SB catch his Q-high flush instead of blowing him off it. I don't mind the turn call. I don't necesarily disagree with just calling the river. I may be way off, but if BB DOES have a boat, you're saving 600 chips and are still in OK shape for the rest of the tourney. I'm curious how much +EV those extra 600 chips would be to you in the tourney. Meh, I don't know about the river now. Maybe someone good at poker can help me out.

lutefisk
04-06-2005, 09:34 AM
I won't claim to be too good at this game, but here's my 2 cents. I don't think you need to live in fear of the boat. I'd go all in on the river every time and be happy that at least one of those guys is going to call. Maybe this is irrational optimism. I think that you will get called by worse hands more often than you will be up against the boat. I read the SB bet on the turn as a middle pair (not 3's or 5's), and the BB raise as a slowplayed A from the flop. If SB is a threat, I think he would've re-raised on the turn. I think BB has an A, but may have a worse flush. Either way, I doubt he'd be able to lay it down to your all in, and you'll be sitting pretty.

deathpotato
04-06-2005, 11:57 PM
During the hand I actually rationalized just calling the river as a way of staying alive if he does indeed have a boat, but looking at the hand now I can't see him having a boat any significant percentage of the time. I think the advantage gained by having BB (and possibly SB) call me all-in and add even more to my stack, which will happen most of the time, far outweighs the chance that BB has 55, 33, A5, A3, or A6 and busts me.

deathpotato
04-07-2005, 02:42 AM
Just one bump, I thought this was fairly interesting. Any more thoughts would be appreciated. If this is boring, sorry, I'll let it die peacefully this time /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The Yugoslavian
04-07-2005, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Big Blind is t50

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t150</font>,

[/ QUOTE ]

This, frankly, is the most interesting part to me and most important thing to play correctly too, see why, /images/graemlins/smirk.gif. I fold here....Adanthar and Phil probably disagree with me...but meh.

FWIW I'd push the river I guess as I have live ones on a hook. But, meh....if you just call then you're still in the tourny with either a playable stack or a humongoid stack...if you push and get called you either have no stack or a humongoid stack.