PDA

View Full Version : Vanilla Sky

JohnnyHumongous
04-06-2005, 03:28 AM
This movie is blowing me mind... I can't understand it for s.hit.

JohnnyHumongous
04-06-2005, 03:42 AM
This is just the poor man's Total Recall.

The Dude
04-06-2005, 03:48 AM
I didn't like it. A lot of people I know thought it was awesome, though.

dr. klopek
04-06-2005, 03:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At present? Maybe you should wait til it's over.

BTW, best part is when Cameron Diaz goes "I swallowed your cum. That means something."

JohnnyHumongous
04-06-2005, 04:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
At present? Maybe you should wait til it's over.

BTW, best part is when Cameron Diaz goes "I swallowed your cum. That means something."

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that was odd to say the least.

OK it's over now... like it was OK I guess.

ethan
04-06-2005, 04:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is just the poor man's Total Recall.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for reminding me. Total Recall just went from #78->#1 in my netflix queue. (Meaning it'll be here Thursday instead of 1.5 months from now. The 8-at-once plan means a _lot_ of movies.)

MyMindIsGoing
04-06-2005, 04:30 AM
Very bad remake is all I say...

Jack of Arcades
04-06-2005, 04:39 AM
I think they're about equal. Each has its positives and negatives, but I've discussed it extensively on imdb. IMO, Vanilla Sky had much better production (obviously).

Redmen62
04-06-2005, 05:51 AM
Good soundtrack.

JohnnyHumongous
04-06-2005, 06:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Good soundtrack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

thatpfunk
04-06-2005, 06:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever thought about giving it another try? Quite a few times I've seen movies and just not been in the right mood to enjoy them. Upon later viewings I end up liking them.

I thought vanilla sky was very good.

wacki
04-06-2005, 07:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't either. It really was a Total Recall remake. What I didn't like most is the fact that it was very high school mentality. Everybody "had" to get that girl, or everyone "had" to have that car. Defining oneself by sexual conquests or materialistic possesions is a big turnoff for me.

The once and future king
04-06-2005, 07:44 AM
The reason it appears like a total recall remake is that both films are inspired by the writing of Philip.K.Dick.

Vanilla Sky is a much better implimentation in imho as TR is just an shoot em up.

dr. klopek
04-06-2005, 07:49 AM
So, should I watch Total Recall, or will it be like The Terminator and I'll hate it because I didn't see it when I was ten?

thatpfunk
04-06-2005, 07:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So, should I watch Total Recall, or will it be like The Terminator and I'll hate it because I didn't see it when I was ten?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't. I didn't see it when I was younger and was overwhelmed by how pathetic it was when I saw it recently.

jakethebake
04-06-2005, 07:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're too smart. You have to be really really dumb to get/like it.

thatpfunk
04-06-2005, 07:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

You're too smart. You have to be really really dumb to get/like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

There goes my 3 day streak of agreeing with jake. *Sigh*, I guess it was fun while it lasted.

jakethebake
04-06-2005, 08:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There goes my 3 day streak of agreeing with jake. *Sigh*, I guess it was fun while it lasted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! 3 days might be an all-time record for anyone!

TStoneMBD
04-06-2005, 09:07 AM
this is one of my favorite movies of all time.

and for those who are saying its a total recall remake, ive never seen total recall... but vanilla sky is a remake of the movie vanilla sky which was created sometime during the black and white era.

btw, i had trouble understanding alot of what was going on the first time i saw the movie as well, because everything is presented backwards. if you watch it a second time, everything should fall into place.

however, there is nothing like watching vanilla sky for the first time. the blowing of the mind effect is too awesome.

LALDAAS
04-06-2005, 09:54 AM
I loved this movie!

I love the end twist movies.

IndieMatty
04-06-2005, 09:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good soundtrack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

[/ QUOTE ]

TStoneMBD
04-06-2005, 10:18 AM
what the hell are you guys talking about? i went to amazon.com to checkout the soundtrack and its horrible. i am also a fan of alot of different types of music, and have recently been finding that most of my discoveries of songs are from movie soundtracks.

IndieMatty
04-06-2005, 10:21 AM
The Sigur Ros songs; Nosjavelin in particularily is a fantastic song.

Good REM song, good Radiohead song...

For the record, I waver on this movie, but without a doubt the production and cinemetography is ridiculous, I almost always watch it when its on.

Camereon Crowe does movies goot!

TStoneMBD
04-06-2005, 10:31 AM
thanks for mentioning this song. ive heard it in vanilla sky and its very good. its not listed on the amazon.com soundtracks, as they dont give bits out to every song on the album.

IndieMatty
04-06-2005, 10:33 AM
Yeah, for the record, when I agreed with the soundtrack, I just assumed the songs in the movie were on the studio released sountrack....

TStoneMBD
04-06-2005, 10:35 AM
i havent seen the movie in a few months, so i dont remember much of the music from it. however, it got me into liking good vibrations from the beach boys for a while, even though im tired of it now.

again amazon.com only plays clips of the first 11 songs or something like that. i didnt realize that there were 41 songs on this soundtrack.

if anyone else knows of any good songs worth downloading from their soundtrack pls lmk.

istewart
04-06-2005, 11:00 AM
Movie sucked. At least see Abre Los Ojos so you get to see Cruz's tits.

jakethebake
04-06-2005, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Cruz's tits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. I can't belive she's knocked out of Ms. OOT contention already.

TStoneMBD
04-06-2005, 11:18 AM
i must have seen vanilla sky 7 times, and i have never gotten a boner during any penelope cruz seen. that immediately knocks her out of contention for MsOOT for me.

ive gotten a boner every time a sexy cameron diaz schene came on though.

Redmen62
04-06-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

if anyone else knows of any good songs worth downloading from their soundtrack pls lmk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last Goodbye by Jeff Buckley is one of my top 5 favorite songs of all time. The Josh Rouse, Sigur Ros, REM and Radiohead songs are also excellent IMO.

Cameron Crowe also has a knack for using songs in his movies (Tiny Dancer in Almost Famous comes to mind), that shows his passion for music.

Download Last Goodbye, if you haven't already. There's an excellent acoustic version too, if you can find it.

jakethebake
04-06-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i must have seen vanilla sky 7 times, and i have never gotten a boner during any penelope cruz seen. that immediately knocks her out of contention for MsOOT for me.

ive gotten a boner every time a sexy cameron diaz schene came on though.

[/ QUOTE ]

all this says is that you have poor taste.

TStoneMBD
04-06-2005, 11:23 AM
youre the one with alizee in your avatar.

jakethebake
04-06-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. she's much hotter than your avatar.

LALDAAS
04-06-2005, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I still miss the cat jumpin the kid

Shajen
04-06-2005, 11:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I still miss the cat jumpin the kid

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconded.

TimM
04-06-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't. I didn't see it when I was younger and was overwhelmed by how pathetic it was when I saw it recently.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sad for you kids who can't enjoy a good cheesy Ahnold flick at any age.

thatpfunk
04-06-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I am sad for you kids who can't enjoy a good cheesy Ahnold flick at any age.

[/ QUOTE ]

But this was supposed to be a "good" Arnold movie- I was thinking Terminator. Instead I got Demolition Man on steroids.

thatpfunk
04-06-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

and for those who are saying its a total recall remake, ive never seen total recall... but vanilla sky is a remake of the movie vanilla sky which was created sometime during the black and white era.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a remake of Abre Sus Ojos, a Spanish film.