PDA

View Full Version : AK missed flop OOP, big field, what's the play?

jzpiano14
04-06-2005, 03:18 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP #'s are 29/14/1.2
Button appears to be a LAG but hasn't been at the table long enough to confirm

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13.40 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, Hero calls.

Missed big time....hate that, I figured betting was best as it narrowed the field but is this the best play?

Turn: (9.70 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Button folds, Hero folds.

With nothing I don't want to keep firing into two ppl, but do I bet here again, check raise? or call and see the river?

Final Pot: 10.70 BB

Scotch78
04-06-2005, 03:29 AM
Check-call the flop and when the button folds I would call the turn as well. Unless you're up against A8s, you should have six clean outs, and since most players would slowplay a set of eights here, I think top pair will hold up against just MP.

Scott

Danenania
04-06-2005, 03:52 AM
Gotta call the turn. You have odds to hit an A or K AND you will have the best hand sometimes. Note-this doesn't mean you have to call a river bet because AQ-A9 will check behind.