PDA

View Full Version : Increasing BB/100

jzpiano14
04-06-2005, 03:10 AM
I'm pretty new to shorthand play and I've played bout 6k hands of 1/2 6 max on empire and my winrate is 1bb/100 which seems on the low side. I'm just wondering how I can start to increase that #. I know this is a small sample but I want to get on the right track, since I am switching over from a full table to 6 max.

#'s are

VP$IP - 23.01
SB VP$IP - 31.88
FSBS - 82.64
FBBS - 63.33
ATSB - 23.26
W$WSF - 34.65
WTSD - 32.63
W$SD - 54.04
PFR - 13.57

Aggression
PF - 1.35
Flop - 3.70
Turn - 3.39
River - 1.94

wuarhg
04-06-2005, 03:16 AM
I dunno about 1/2 but is that Folded BB to steal 23%? You need to get that way up, same goes for Folded SB. Numbers like SB 85-90% and BB 60-70% are pretty good I think. I've been tightening up in the blinds against certain players and it's working out good.

Also try to find more hands to raise preflop, but don't just start raising them for no apparent reason. Understand why you raise! /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

And ofcourse maybe calldown a little bit more against all but the most passive when they go crazy. What kind of AtSB can you have at 1/2? Someone else will have to chip in with that.

Good luck.

jzpiano14
04-06-2005, 03:21 AM
Sry my FBB to Steal is actual a lot higher! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif 63.33 changed the origional post.....

wuarhg
04-06-2005, 03:24 AM
Okay, well it looks much better now /images/graemlins/grin.gif

zephed56
04-06-2005, 07:35 AM
I think you could take a million players with these stats, and you'd get a wide range of results, but on average they'd be beating this game.

Nothing seems out of line. Post some hands.

Do you often check behind on the river? Post some hands where you did, so we can tell you to bet the river.

Do you get too passive too quick with strong hands when it may not be the nuts? Post some scared top pair, two pair or set hands.

Post a few hands with an unraised 2-3 handed pot.

Post a few hands with a big pot and big field.

I dunno, that's all I can think of.

topspinner
04-06-2005, 07:50 AM
JZ, what site do you play on? With stats like that, you should be beating 1-2 for more than 1bb. Do you pay attention to table selection? The number one thing that contributes to my win rate is the caliber of players that I am playing against. Also 6k hands is nothing. Come back after 20k and I bet you are a doing significantly better.

Also, what is your fold to river bet %? I have a feeling that FTRB might be too high, judging by your WTSD and W$SD numbers.

helpmeout
04-06-2005, 07:55 AM
Play a few more hands (1/2 is more loose/passive so +25%VPIP isnt loose).

Cut down on the aggression, personally I aim for 2.5/2.5/2 anything over 3 is too aggressive in my book, especially in loose passive games where you can draw a lot.

Your WTSD figure also seems a bit too low meaning you are probably betting too much and folding the river instead of calling and seeing a showdown.

Rubeskies
04-06-2005, 11:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've played bout 6k hands of 1/2 6 max on empire and my winrate is 1bb/100 which seems on the low side.

[/ QUOTE ]

6K hands tells us nothing about your winrate. The best players often lose a good deal of money over 6K hands and some of the worst players win a good deal of money over 6K hands. This is varience and it is what makes poker profitable. Ignore your winrate and concentrate on your play and other stats until you get a ton more hands in.

Even then your ability level will have changed throughout the process so the winrate will still be inaccurate.