PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody else do this?

TheDelChop
04-06-2005, 02:32 AM
Not to sound like a total results oriented donk, but does anyone else here pay attention to their win rate during a specific session while its going on? For example, you have PT open and on Auto-Import and you check your win rate every once in a while?

Moozh
04-06-2005, 03:44 AM
If anyone does, they shouldn't. Being results oriented over such a small sample can only have bad effects to your mentality as you play.

JoshuaD
04-06-2005, 03:45 AM
I don't watch my winrate, but I always wanna know how I'm doing. Especially since I moved up to 3/6. I'm resisting the urge to check where I'm at during a session, but I've yet to get to the point where I don't check after a session.

I wish I didn't care.

climber
04-06-2005, 03:47 AM
Yeah I was doing this and then I started really sucking. You see you are down and a somewhat loose guys raises in front of you and you think oh I'll take advantage of this sucker and then you 3-bet him with KTo.

Its a bad idea.

dr. klopek
04-06-2005, 03:53 AM
I wish I couldn't even see how much money I had at the table.

purnell
04-06-2005, 04:04 AM
Bad Idea. You might try buying in for some large randomish amount, so you are less aware of how much you are up or down in a given session.

Anything that distracts you from the current hand is a bad thing.

Bascule
04-06-2005, 05:40 AM
Yes, I do it constantly. But as others have said, it's a bad idea. The reason is, IMO, it's bad for your state of mind. I feel great when I've shot up 20BBs, but feel like [censored] when I've dropped 20BBs. The irony is, I enjoy playing far more when I forget to check... but most of the time I can't help myself.

I thought, that with time I would get used to downswings, but the reverse seems to be the case. I feel I ought to win every time I play, and constantly check to make sure that's the case. Don't be like me! DON'T DO IT!!!