10 Handed 2/4 Party Game LMHE

UTG calls
CO calls
Button calls
SB folds
BB checks

Flop comes: Kh Th 8s

BB checks, UTG (you) check, CO checks, button bets

(You are UTG in this hand. You hold Ad Qs)

The button looks like a positional bet, what would you do...

A) Raise for information on his hand
B) Fold (why)
C) Call down if nothing scarey hits the board
D) Other- Explain

I'd like a reason for why you would do what you'd do. What do you think is the best option at this point?

Nick Royale
04-06-2005, 01:55 AM
Raise preflop.

[ QUOTE ]
The button looks like a positional bet, what would you do...

A) Raise for information on his hand
B) Fold (why)
C) Call down if nothing scarey hits the board
D) Other- Explain

[/ QUOTE ]
Read dependant.

cold_cash
04-06-2005, 01:56 AM
I have a weak draw in a small pot; I'm folding.

(This might make for a better hand/quiz if you have us raising first in, thus making the pot a little bigger.)

einbert
04-06-2005, 03:04 AM
Raise preflop.

As you played it, you have to fold this flop. The pot is just too small to consider continuing.

Stu Pidasso
04-06-2005, 03:32 AM
The pot is not big enough to go to war on this hand. Hang your head in shame for not raising preflop and wait patiently for the next hand.

Stu

shant
04-06-2005, 04:44 AM
This situation would never happen since everyone on this board would have raised pre-flop and possibly bet this flop depending on how many players had cold-called or folded preflop.

ShortBus
04-06-2005, 05:24 AM
Well, I wasn't the one with AQo... but started thinking about how I might play the hand if I were AQ.

I thought that the button would be on a draw. Perhaps raising and betting out again on the turn and river (if the straight doesn't hit) would take the pot down. Then again this may be a bit over agressive for these limits.

I've been away from Limit for awhile and I'm a bit rusty.

Nick Royale
04-06-2005, 06:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought that the button would be on a draw. Perhaps raising and betting out again on the turn and river (if the straight doesn't hit) would take the pot down.

[/ QUOTE ]
That line is way too expensive in this small poy. Button must be bluffing an awfull lot to make raising profitable. You must believe button will fold this hand to the raise or a turn bet frequently. You're OOP, it will be hard to play this hand after the raise.