PDA

View Full Version : Damn the Torpedoes, Full Speed Ahead!

RunDownHouse
04-06-2005, 12:11 AM
Last hand of a nightmare session, and I may be a bit tilty. Thankfully I'm getting better about recognizing that stuff. By the time I get to the river, the board has two overs, four to the flush, and a pair. My thinking was that my river bet could fold out a lower PP with a diamond, or maybe even a big PP with a diamond or something goofy like JTs.

When he 3bet pf, I put him on a big pair, AK/maaaybe AQs, or something completely chookish, like a suited connector or something. Villian had been very losse pf, but not aggressive.

Absolute 2/4 6max

PF: Hero has 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG calls, Hero raises, 1 fold, Button calls, SB 3bets, 1 fold, UTG calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

I'm not capping 88 in a 4way pot.

Flop (6BB): 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB bets, UTG folds, Hero raises, Button folds, SB calls.

Great flop for me, UTG folds to the SB lead, so its time to pop it and see if I'm up against an overpair. He just calls so its probably AK... unless he's waiting until the turn to pop me with his overpair or he had complete crap to start with.

Turn (10BB): 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB checks, Hero bets, SB calls

I seriously thought about checking through here, since if I was behind I was drawing very slim, while if I was ahead there's a decent chance villian is drawing very live. However, I thought that I'd just keep the petal to the metal until I was played back at. When he flat calls, I know a pair of eights is beat if the river comes any overcard or diamond, if its not already, right?

River (12BB): 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB checks, Hero bets, SB calls.

Final Pot: 14BB

Whoo boy, I'm smoked on this river. How bad is this bet? About the only thing it accomplishes is maybe folding out a smal PP with a diamond, right?

RunDownHouse
04-06-2005, 08:49 AM
Surely the river isn't a standard value bet.

Fiddler
04-06-2005, 09:16 AM
I check it through. I don't think he folds anything that beats you when he has called all the way to the river.

If he had a small pair with a diamond he should have folded it on the turn... unless he stayed in hoping to hit the flush... which he just did. But would he even have 3-bet a small pair pre-flop?

wrto4556
04-06-2005, 09:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Whoo boy, I'm smoked on this river. How bad is this bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's grotesque. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Do you think he has you beat or something and you're representing the flush? I don't get it...i'd take the cheap showdown.