PDA

View Full Version : Worst Feeling in Poker

Ianco15
04-05-2005, 11:13 PM
When you're sitting at a table that is soooooo profitable - full of loose/weak and loose/aggressive opponents - and you cannot get a hand. I feel like I'm throwing away money.

Ship__It.

FishHooks
04-05-2005, 11:37 PM
I felt the same was this weekend, it was the first time i've seen the 1/2 very fishy, usually its pretty tight, and i couldn't get a hand dropped 175BB in the course of 3 days trying to win money from these fish. i was just about to move up to 2/4 untill this happend.

slickpoppa
04-05-2005, 11:51 PM
I hate it even more when I am at a table with a huge fish who goes on a huge rush, sucks out on me several times, and then leaves before I even get a chance to get even.

Ianco15
04-06-2005, 12:36 AM
The table I was playing at had two maniacs and a whole bunch of loose/passive players who called down. It was very juicy. After about an hour long dry spell, I found myself starting to loosen up a little just so I could play a hand with these guys. Not a good strategy.

mtdoak
04-06-2005, 02:00 AM
No, the worst feeling in poker is sitting at a table full of donks, getting great hands, and getting sucked out on every river.

SoftcoreRevolt
04-06-2005, 02:30 AM
This guy was a total maniac... but a selective one who would cap every street once every 2-3 hands. I faced him with two great hands, and lost 12 dollars on both.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (17.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, BB calls.

Turn: (15.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

River: (27.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 35.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ac Kh (two pair, aces and kings).
BB has Ah 3d (straight, five high).
Outcome: BB wins 35.25 BB. </font>

That is indeed the worst feeling in poker.

Now the best feeling is when you hit your gutshot turned double gutshot and a table coach bitches about your "suck out" and you then get to play Tilt Whitey for the next ten minutes.

I wish I could remember what the other hand was.. I think it was a set of queens he beat with a runner runner one card flush.

His one card being the 5 of that suit. Luckily I just called that river after capping the whole way since even though it was 50-50 a total maniac had that spade... there was no way he DIDN'T have that spade on this particular day.

Escape
04-06-2005, 02:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate it even more when I am at a table with a huge fish who goes on a huge rush, sucks out on me several times, and then leaves before I even get a chance to get even.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that!

einbert
04-06-2005, 02:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No, the worst feeling in poker is sitting at a table full of donks, getting great hands, and getting sucked out on every river.

[/ QUOTE ]

ChrisCo
04-06-2005, 03:13 AM
You guys are all wrong. The worst feeling in poker is reading on 2+2 about how some guy hit his 4 outer on the river.

sfer
04-06-2005, 10:05 AM
Everyone is wrong. The worst feeling in poker is walking home after playing all night, stuck a dime, seeing the sun break, and thinking you have to go to work in an hour.

pecto
04-06-2005, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone is wrong. The worst feeling in poker is walking home after playing all night, stuck a dime, seeing the sun break, and thinking you have to go to work in an hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why work? Play poker!

Evan
04-06-2005, 10:57 AM
God, shut up, prag. I've read that same post from you like 3 times. Stop whining.

p.s. Go get your shirt.

IndieMatty
04-06-2005, 10:59 AM
I folded a winner for one bet on the river last night on a 600 dollar pot.

mostsmooth
04-06-2005, 11:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I folded a winner for one bet on the river last night on a 600 dollar pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
how big was the bet?

driverseati
04-06-2005, 11:06 AM
How bout getting runner runnered in a tournament to bust on the bubble?

sfer
04-06-2005, 11:06 AM
He was probably getting 20 to 1 on the call. Matty plays g00t.

sfer
04-06-2005, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
God, shut up, prag. I've read that same post from you like 3 times. Stop whining.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've told you in person. It's been posted once before. It was the worst feeling then and it's the worst feeling now. Much worse than being stuck xxxx or being bored because you're card dead or whatever else.

odellthurman
04-06-2005, 11:08 AM
For me, the worst feeling is having sup bro go all in on me. But I'm trying to learn to relax and enjoy it.

Uppercut
04-06-2005, 11:16 AM
Yesterday, I was playing at a Party table with the biggest maniac I have ever encountered (and that is saying a lot for a Party Poker veteran). He was raising every hand preflop (62s, 74o, 94o, etc.) and betting and raising every flop, turn and river. I of course was card-dead, so I sat and watched as he constantly sucked out on the other players, hitting runner-runner one card flushes (3 high) and going up about 50 BB in 30 minutes or so. Finally, I received ATo in the SB and raised against the maniac in the BB. He only called (I was shocked). The flop comes down TTT. I end up winning a 7BB pot against the maniac after check-raising him on the turn. He called my turn check-raise and my river bet with his 5 high. (He had 53s). That was the only pot I played in 45 minutes.

PS I returned to the table about an hour later, to see that Mr. Maniac had given back all of his winnings, plus most of his initial 25BB buy-in. I was not surprised.

sfer
04-06-2005, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
For me, the worst feeling is having sup bro go all in on me. But I'm trying to learn to relax and enjoy it.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is that related to poker?

BottlesOf
04-06-2005, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Schneids
04-06-2005, 11:55 AM
Raising two pair on the river and getting 3-bet by a TAG.

3-betting the second nut boat on the river and getting 4-bet by a TAG.

NJchick
04-06-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed 100%

Raemius
04-06-2005, 01:06 PM
Worst feeling, being way up in a tourney, being dealt AKs flopping the nut flush, calling an all in and losing to a full hous, 7's full of twos, on runner 77. Yes, he went all in with 7-2 offsuit.

BeerMoney
04-06-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When you're sitting at a table that is soooooo profitable - full of loose/weak and loose/aggressive opponents - and you cannot get a hand. I feel like I'm throwing away money.

Ship__It.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jon_1van made a funny analogy about that one time.

He said its like being in one of those money tubes where all the $20 bills are flying around you, and your arms are duct taped to the side of your body and they can't move.

AquaSeaFoam
04-06-2005, 01:08 PM
nah...In a limit game, gettin AA utg and raising pre-flop, only to watch 7 other players call on a loose table.....you know your babies are gonna die a slow painful death.

jkkkk
04-06-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How bout getting runner runnered in a tournament to bust on the bubble?

[/ QUOTE ]

ouch

DMBFan23
04-06-2005, 01:30 PM
I think there's an Ed-Miller-ish type magnitude + frequency thing going on here.

so, mine is getting raised when the flush card comes on the river and you value bet out of position. FCUK

Saint_D
04-06-2005, 05:59 PM
Table read: Everyone is 40%+ VPIP with a reliable maniac.

Hero Posts Big blind
Dealt A /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
<font color="a0a0a0">9 folds</font>

Hero Wins 1.5 BB

Klepton
04-06-2005, 07:19 PM
when someone calls you on the river and you have a prretty good hand that you think won, by party does that lag and you have to wait to see if you win, and then it ships it to someone else.

this happened to me when i had AK on a board of AKK56, it was capped pretty much the whole way, after it showed my AK it froze for literally 7 seconds, then AA opened up and shipped the pot.

first and only time i've ever punched the moniter and had to have my brother pull me away from the computer

bdk3clash
04-06-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
nah...In a limit game, gettin AA utg and raising pre-flop, only to watch 7 other players call on a loose table.....you know your babies are gonna die a slow painful death.

[/ QUOTE ]
This whole thread sucks, and this post sucks more than any post within it. Way too much feeling bad about other players' actions and "bad luck," not enough feeling bad about making mistakes yourself.

I don't feel bad about anything I don't have any control over.

Onaflag
04-06-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This whole thread sucks, and this post sucks more than any post within it. Way too much feeling bad about other players' actions and "bad luck," not enough feeling bad about making mistakes yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alrighty then. My own worst mistake that gave me that sick feeling in my stomach afterwards.

4/8 in a kill pot B&amp;M last weekend: I have AKs on a flop of AQK and 4 people in the capped pot. Turn is a brick. Capped again. 3 of us left. River is a T.

Bet. Raise. I expertly decided to fold. Original dude 3 bet and it was called. They split MY pot with TQ.

Usually I can get over something like that in a couple seconds, but the sick feeling was worsened because I showed the table what a great laydown I was making. I still want to puke over the whole thing. How could I be such a idiot?

Onaflag..........

sfer
04-06-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't feel bad when Joe Strummer died?

bdk3clash
04-06-2005, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't feel bad when Joe Strummer died?

[/ QUOTE ]
IN POKER!!!

bernie
04-06-2005, 10:02 PM
Just a quick check in. I haven't read the others so someone may have already mentioned these.

1) That feeling you get when your cards are about a millimeter out of your hand going toward the muck and you realize you misread your hand and are folding the winner.

2) Going to showdown, folding to a guys 2 pair. Someone, not the winner, does the IWTSTH rule and they flip over the b-doored nut str8.

3) Realizing you folded a str8flush for 1 bet on the river because you 'knew' the bettor had a higher flush card than yours and you got 'counterfeited' on a 4 flush board.

b

bernie
04-06-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He said its like being in one of those money tubes where all the $20 bills are flying around you, and your arms are duct taped to the side of your body and they can't move.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a pretty good description.

b

Mike Gallo
04-06-2005, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed 100%

[/ QUOTE ]

1000% ...been there..done that.

ethan
04-06-2005, 10:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was near the top of the waiting list for this table. I got my seat by replacing UTG+1, and the button from this hand sat out before I was dealt in. Not the _worst_ feeling in poker, but still annoying.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop:
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (14 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

River: (23 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 31 BB

Results:
UTG+1 has Ks 5c (one pair, threes).
Button has 2h 2d (two pair, threes and twos).
Outcome: Button wins 31 BB.

youngsta
04-07-2005, 03:19 AM
muahahahah brings back memories

[ QUOTE ]

first and only time i've ever punched the moniter and had to have my brother pull me away from the computer

[/ QUOTE ]