PDA

View Full Version : AQ drop it after board three flush?

theweatherman
04-05-2005, 10:30 PM
Is this an obvious fold on the turn? The guy had been pretty lose preflop and had called my raises on most hands. On the turn I figured him for bluffing the scare card (as he would wrongfully assume I wouldn't bet my flush draw /images/graemlins/smile.gif ) But I still felt it should be givin a little respect so i only called. Should I drop my hand when he bets the river?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

Grisgra
04-05-2005, 10:43 PM
It's interesting, the answer to this question is oddly extraordinarily dependent on the limit you're playing (if you don't have a good read on your opponent's postflop play). 10/20, you couldn't pry this out of my hands with a crowbar. In general I think you need to call it down, in case this is KQ or QT getting frisky. But at the lower limits there are lots o' tables where people just plain never semibluff, and never raise the turn with less than two pair. On those tables you can fold the turn without a second thought given your lack of outs. Whether you were at one of those tables, I can't say . . .

I'm sure that most people will tell you that you need to call this one down. IMO, given this board . . . really don't think that's a given.

Roy6
04-06-2005, 08:19 AM
if you call the turn raise, calling this river is a must

helpmeout
04-06-2005, 08:25 AM
You cant fold TPTK HU.

If you start folding these every man and his dog will be raising you when a scare card hits.