PDA

View Full Version : Slowplay correct?

tHePrOfEsOr
04-05-2005, 09:45 PM
It was down to 3 people (live game), SB is pretty solid and has around $15. BB has about the same as me with $7. BB is playing to tight and I have been able to steal the blinds from him offen.

Blinds are $.50 and $.25

Preflop: Hero is button with Q /images/graemlins/club.gif,T /images/graemlins/club.gif.
Hero calls $.50, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.50) A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,K /images/graemlins/spade.gif,J /images/graemlins/heart.gif (three players)
SB bets .50, BB calls, Hero ?

Correct time to slowplay?

thanks

PassiveCaller
04-05-2005, 10:17 PM
raise pre-flop.

Grisgra
04-05-2005, 10:21 PM
Raise preflop, and yes, slowplay if you think there's a good chance the SB will lead again. On some very passive tables, after getting two callers on a flop like this, everyone will clamp up and just hope to see a showdown for cheap if they have a wuss hand -- if that's the case, raise while the gettin's good.

obsidian
04-06-2005, 12:46 PM
Yes, good time for a slow play as you are pretty much guaranteed someone will bet that flop and turn (raise here). Also, raise pre-flop.

stir
04-07-2005, 03:18 PM
Rather then just creating an echo, I'll ask in the form of a question.

Why didn't you raise pre-flop; I'd like to understand your thinking.

Interested
04-09-2005, 07:45 AM
Can you ran any simulation? Are you good in math? - to look at results. I'm not good in any. But there is a theory/standart of raising first in, when in middle you have the best hand against 2 random hands. If you have 1 caller you will hold 59,7% of the time. If you have 2 callers - you hold 43,1% of the time. In any of these situations you have an edge against 2 random hands.
And you have position /images/graemlins/wink.gif You should raise for value.

wowacedude
04-09-2005, 08:03 AM
Grisgra said it all.