PDA

View Full Version : 11th Year of My Strike Against Baseball

FatMan
04-05-2005, 07:15 PM
When the Major League Players went on strike in 1994 and the World Searies was cancelled I went on strike from Baseball. Since then I have not watched or read about Major League baseball. We have a AAA team here and the Colllege World Series here I am fine watching just those. The recent steroid problem just confirms my stance against baseball. Looks like I will have to add Hockey to my strike as well.

MarkL444
04-05-2005, 07:17 PM
well i guess thats what happens when you live in NEBRASKA

InchoateHand
Oh, Oh, Oh! Say it ain't so. Please stop. You are hurting them so deep deep.

You know, I haven't had Chili in at least six months?

ThaSaltCracka
Interesting.

Voltron87
04-05-2005, 07:21 PM
Ha, take that Major League Baseball!

They don't miss your fat ass.

eric5148
04-05-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like I will have to add Hockey to my strike as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. Well, actually I haven't watched a hockey game in about my entire life.

mostsmooth
04-05-2005, 07:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When the Major League Players went on strike in 1994 and the World Searies was cancelled I went on strike from Baseball. Since then I have not watched or read about Major League baseball. We have a AAA team here and the Colllege World Series here I am fine watching just those. The recent steroid problem just confirms my stance against baseball. Looks like I will have to add Hockey to my strike as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
pathetic
btw, how did you know about the steroid problems if you are not watching or reading about baseball?

Dynasty
04-05-2005, 07:38 PM
You've only hurt yourself.

Major League Baseball has had some incredible moments in the past eleven years. You could have enjoyed every one of them and still enjoyed your AAA and college baseball.

B Dids
04-05-2005, 07:39 PM
NIT.

ThaSaltCracka
04-05-2005, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Major League Baseball has had some incredible moments in the past eleven years.

[/ QUOTE ] I would definitely agree. The resurgence of the Yankees in the late 90's was great because a dynasty had emerged in baseball. Combined with the HR races of Sosa, McGwire, and Bonds, as well as the excellent post seasons(starting from 2001), and well baseball has been awesome.

ThaSaltCracka
04-05-2005, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
NIT.

[/ QUOTE ] LMAO /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif I don't know why, but this amused me a lot.

boondockst
04-05-2005, 11:51 PM
I have stayed away from internet usage for the last 5 years.

HDPM
04-06-2005, 12:01 AM
You don't think the players start using steroids before they hit the majors?????

I get being bored or turned off by MLB. But if so how can you like college ball? Division 1 sports are total hypocricy, and in baseball you have to listen to those aluminum bats. Veeck talked about making college ball a free minor league years ago. And it has happened. Low level pro ball with aluminum bats and DH's. Yeah, that is pure.

csmart
04-06-2005, 12:02 AM
I've been out of the country consistently for about five years. I pretty much fell out of the loop with baseball then. I find it to be an easy sport not to watch. Morally objecting to it would be hard to do, though. Pretty much all sports players anymore juice in some way or another. And I think that a sport with so few injuries would have a hard time justifying huge payouts when NASCAR drivers are paid so little.

So, continue the strike, I'm sure we'll bring the whole thing down soon.

The Dude
04-06-2005, 12:22 AM
I'm in my 24th year of my strike against Nebraska. Anybody care to guess my age?

GrekeHaus
04-06-2005, 12:32 AM
37?

daryn
04-06-2005, 12:39 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
I'm in my 24th year of my strike against Nebraska. Anybody care to guess my age?

[/ QUOTE ]

or your sexuality? i'll go with gay.

slickpoppa
04-06-2005, 12:46 AM
Although I have not gone on strike from baseball, I definitely have not been the same fan since 1994. Before 1994, baseball was by far my favorite sport and I followed each days games and stats religiously. The game has had some good moments since then, but IMO the game has definitely changed for the worse.

Nowadays, because of the economics of the game, players have almost no loyalty to their teams. I just don't see the joy in rooting for a team when the players change every year. Yeah, free agency was around before 1994, but players did not change teams nearly as much back then. It used to be possible for small market teams to hold on to their star players. Now a player has a good year or two and then moves on to play for the red sox or yankees. I am a Kansas City Royals fan and am fed up with seeing my team's best players leaving.

ThaSaltCracka
04-06-2005, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]23

Tron
04-06-2005, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am a Kansas City Royals fan and am fed up with seeing my team's best players leaving.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word to that.