PDA

View Full Version : Genius or Idiot?

Sam T.
04-05-2005, 07:11 PM
I'm multi-tabling so no reads at this point.

Anyone fold pre-flop? Getting 5:1 on my completion seems like a no-brainer. (But I may have no brain.)

On the flop I figured a push would fold any non-ace.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP (t1545)
Button (t1130)
Hero (t1060)
BB (t2190)
UTG (t2075)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls t200, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t600) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Hero bets t960 and is all-in

Thanks,

Sam

deacsoft
04-05-2005, 07:16 PM
I fold, and I certainly don't push with this flop and nothing but a Q high and a backdoor straight draw.

BTW, you're still getting 5 to 1 on your call if you have 7-2o. Do you still play it this way because of the 5 to 1?

microbet
04-05-2005, 07:30 PM
On a preflop completion I really don't think of it in terms of what odds I'm getting from the pot. It's all implied/reverse implied odds. It's more important that you are calling 10% of your stack, I think.

I think the bluff on the flop is too risky. BB has anything but a very strong hand, so you are probably safe from him, but you just completed so they aren't putting you on a strong hand either. Button is likely to call with any A, K or possibly a straight draw or a pocket pair.

With 4-5 BBs I want to save my action for calling with a very strong hand or going allin against the blinds.

pooh74
04-05-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On the flop I figured a push would fold any non-ace.

Flop: (t600) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Hero bets t960 and is all-in

[/ QUOTE ]

raptor517
04-05-2005, 07:55 PM
bingo. micro hits this one on the nose. definitely not worth putting 10% of your stack in preflop with this VERY marginal hand. pushing the flop?? what are you thinking? lol. im assuming the reason u posted this is because they all folded and you won. i can almost guarantee this is a -ev push. save your chips for a better spot. holla