PDA

View Full Version : K9s gutshot

Danenania
04-05-2005, 06:38 PM
Note that it's 5-handed so UTG is actually UTG+1.

MP is decent but a touch too loose and aggro (30/18/2.5). Button is loose and passive and not too good(40/9/.9). SB is loose and slightly aggro and not very good (40/15/1.5). I have been running hot at this table.

Thoughts on the preflop call? Also, I planned to bet any turn and river, whether I improved or not. Thoughts on that?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP folds, Button calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (12.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

mperich
04-05-2005, 06:45 PM
I dont like the PF raise against these guys. Too hard to play this hand all the way to showdown OOP. And it looks like ull go to showdown most of the time. I don't like calling the cap either. U are very likely very dominated and possibly drawing to 2 pair or a flush. (or a 4 card gutshot heh)

I dont like a flop c/r these guys are ALL described as loose. They capped PF. I don't think you can knock them all out, although you almost did which was surprising but I think atypical. Just check call with pot odds and maybe you could have got in a c/r on the turn.

Turn and river play themselves after you c/r the flop.

-Mike

Danenania
04-05-2005, 07:27 PM
I was planning to just check/call the flop as you say, but when SB folded I figured I could knock MP off his overcards pretty easily given that he checked the flop and hopefully clean up my K outs.

The preflop call I really wasn't sure but I was getting over 8 to 1 and that's about how often I'll flop a flush draw so I figured it would be okay. Problem is my implied odds are certainly negative if I flop a pair of 9's or K's.

NLSoldier
04-05-2005, 09:34 PM
Looks fine to me.

DrGutshot
04-05-2005, 11:02 PM
If there are a couple tighties to your left then the preflop raise is ok, but I hate it with the loose opposition to follow.

Given the multiway-ness, calling the cap is fine.

Postflop looks nice.

-DrG

MAxx
04-05-2005, 11:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, I planned to bet any turn and river, whether I improved or not. Thoughts on that?

[/ QUOTE ]

What if Turn is a non diamond A? Would you prefer a ckeck call there? Also, maybee even a K. I guess this is kinda slightly foreign territory as I wouldnt really think to c/r flop.

DrGutshot
04-05-2005, 11:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, I planned to bet any turn and river, whether I improved or not. Thoughts on that?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're chosing to c/r this flop, this is definitely the only way to play through the rest of the hand.

-DrG

MAxx
04-05-2005, 11:25 PM
I agree with that in general... so I was trying to think of possible exceptions... perhaps there are none.

With the non diamond A, you could lose an unnecessary bet when have odds to call your gutter anyway. I don't really know how much fold equity you have on turn... is kinda what slows me down enough to consider not standarly following through the flop c/r.

Trix
04-05-2005, 11:40 PM
I like all of it, no chance I´m folding for 15:2 preflop.

I would make a note on SB, his flop play is especially horrid.

Danenania
04-06-2005, 12:25 AM
Yeah I have no clue what he could have had to check/fold on that flop. Pretty weird.

Danenania
04-06-2005, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If there are a couple tighties to your left then the preflop raise is ok, but I hate it with the loose opposition to follow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't consider 40 vpip that loose in this game. When the players are 50+ that's when I start to up my raise requirements.