PDA

View Full Version : Sng Dilema

valenzuela
04-05-2005, 06:27 PM
After being converted to tight early , push/fold late I still have some faith problems, when everyone has like 8x the BB and I have 12x the BB and I see AJs UTG or TT UTG +1, I really cant push and I raise 3x the BB..I feel unconfroatble pushing AJs or 99 out of position with like 5 players to act, Am I missing something???

deacsoft
04-05-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I feel unconfroatble pushing AJs or 99 out of position with like 5 players to act, Am I missing something???

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe only the fact that you're correct in not wanting to push them.

XChamp
04-05-2005, 06:46 PM
The "tight early- push/fold late" philosophy is extremely basic. It is a very general guideline that good players deviate from frequently.

AJs UTG w/ 7-8 players left is difficult. If the table is tight (most likely since there are a lot of people left with big blinds) I would just double the blinds and hope to win the blinds or see a favorable flop. If someone moves in then I will probably fold if they are tight. If they are loose I would consider calling. There is no clear-cut way to play this hand.

Early on you can play loose when good situations arise. For example, many players overplay AK. They raise with it much more than big pairs. This type of player is a goldmine. Be willing to call huge raises from them preflop and going for broke if there is no A or K on the flop.

valenzuela
04-05-2005, 06:51 PM
ty for ur answer.

deacsoft
04-05-2005, 06:56 PM
Raising double the blinds is a horrible play. Anyone who wants to play their hand will certainly call your min-raise and anyone who likes their hand will surely come over the top of you (causing you to fold). If you want to try to play it; go ahead and limp (to see a cheap flop) or raise to 3-4xBB (to represent a larger hand). Either way, don't get too attached to the hand, and be prepared to fold to a re-raise.

My suggestion is fold.

valenzuela
04-05-2005, 06:58 PM
Mini-raising isnt that bad at the 11s when its the avg. raise.

deacsoft
04-05-2005, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mini-raising isnt that bad at the 11s when its the avg. raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. Just because many of these players fail to understand that the standard raise in a NL game is 3-4xBB doesn't mean that you should fail to realize it as well. These players should be punished by your raises when they call with inferior hands and taken advantage of (by you) when they fail to make a correct raise and allow you to play your hand that is suitable for the multi-way pot they just allowed. Do not play down to the level of your opponents. Play solid poker and add to your chip stack from their mistakes.

valenzuela
04-05-2005, 07:12 PM
Raising 3x the BB>2x the bb..I like 3..and I do 3! Players like to mini-bet becuase theyre too lazy to move the slider not becuase they fail to understand a concept , ure overestimating them.

deacsoft
04-05-2005, 07:39 PM
That's certainly possible. But before I change my game I think I'd like to see when you got you're "they're too lazy to move the slider not becuase they fail to understand a concept" figures from.

valenzuela
04-05-2005, 07:40 PM
In UB they bet 3,5x the BB, in party they bet 2x the BB.

microbet
04-05-2005, 07:49 PM
With all opponants at 8xBB and you at 12, I think these hands are all push/fold.

AJ UTG is the toughest, but they are all pushes, IMO.

raptor517
04-05-2005, 07:52 PM
in UB they just hit the bet pot button. so they are just as lazy, but it makes them play better. holla

valenzuela
04-05-2005, 08:17 PM
exactly, that was my reasoning of why the min bet because theyre lazy.( Ok i admit it when I play on Ub i press the pot button.)

XChamp
04-06-2005, 03:36 AM
That's the nature of poker, deacsoft. What is right and what is wrong completely depends on your opponents. When the blinds are huge people fold to min raises all the time even though it is usually correct for them to call. I prefaced my advice with "if the table is tight" because the tight players I run into in my sngs generally do fold to min raises with appalling frequency (although I'm always happy when they do).

The best part is, they can't use my weapon against me. If they min raise me I'm not going to fold frequently. If they start calling or reraising only then will I raise more. Why risk more 3x BB when 2x does the same job?