PDA

View Full Version : Jack Ten Offsuit - Three of a Kind

wuarhg
04-05-2005, 06:27 PM
27/15, 3/1/1. Okay, Villain likes to limp in with marginal hands upfront. He definately can play a flushdraw like he did on the flop, on the turn I am concerned. I don't beat many hands he could do this with. Only T9. What I think he has here with pretty good certainty is a full house or something like QT, KT. He would certainly raise AT and hands like AKs-A5s. There is a slim chance he could have something like A2s with an ace and a flushdraw raising here but I doubt he'd raise with that after the flop action. And ofcourse a slowplayed AA.

What is your action after you get raised on the turn when you are pretty sure you are beat here. It seems like an easy calldown but I wan't to hear some thought processes. Anyone?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (8 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>.

Surfbullet
04-05-2005, 08:14 PM
After mulling it over, I would call down here... in the heat of the moment I would definitely call down... that doesn't mean it's right, that's just what I'd do.

This may be a shortcoming of mine, but I have real trouble laying down a hand as strong as trips, jack kicker, without a scarier board or real action from more than 1 opponent. I think there'll be AhKh and other big suited aces that were slowplayed, or weird stuff like A5 or 99 enough to make calling down worthwhile.

Surf

also...the converter might have messed up b/c it shows you as having JT suited.

MAxx
04-05-2005, 08:50 PM
i would at least call down, until that "pretty sure" was real freakin sure. then i would realize that i did not have time to estimate the probabitlies of the various hands your are behind and your number of posible outs verse the various weighted hands you are behind to see if calling is right... so I would call anyway until i had time away from the table to figure out what the right play is.

imitation
04-05-2005, 08:56 PM
call down, QT/KT/AT all usually pfr get raised. 55, T7-J possible from slightly too loose agr preflop player. I call down because i'm getting 13:2 and thats good enough with trips.

wuarhg
04-06-2005, 03:22 AM
Yeah, I felt I couldn't lay it down either. I was actually right about his holding, and i'm not lying. I figured it out before I saw his hand! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (8 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP has Ks Td (three of a kind, tens).
Hero has Ts Js (full house, tens full of jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 16 BB. </font>

Guess I got lucky /images/graemlins/blush.gif

jzpiano14
04-06-2005, 03:25 AM
Luck can never hurt /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Danenania
04-06-2005, 03:37 AM
You should definitely call down here. You have odds to suckout on 55 plus he might have JdTd, Td9d, or Td8d though these should probably be weighted less since many wouldn't raise them again on the turn. Still there are only 3 combos of 55 so you have enough of a chance to call any river, even a K, Q, or 5 (you would still be getting 6.5 to 1).

Edit: just looked at the results from your reply. Weird that he would limp KT. If you knew he would that changes things as we must add 4 combos of that into the mix, however it looks like you will still have odds so I stand by my previous advice.

IndianOcean
04-06-2005, 05:05 AM
i would cap the turn and check call the river (or bet and call the raise on the river)

but i play very aggerssive